This is my first post on this blog and I’m nervous while writing it. So, to start off, let me introduce myself. I’m Bhagyasree. I’m fifteen. And I’m addicted to makeup and skincare products like they’re my brand of heroin.
A few weeks ago I ran out of my favorite scrub and I couldn’t find it anywhere near me. Nowhere. Nada. It wasn’t in ANY store near me! I was livid! “How dare they not stock up on my favourite scrub?! Now what will I do?! MUMMYYY!”
So my mother, being the sweet thing that she is took me to a supermarket which I had already checked. She took me through the skincare section and showed NOMARKS Herbal Scrub Soap to me. I was like “It’s a scrub! It’s soap! It’s a Scrub-soap!!” I picked it up immediately and this is my take on it.
The Product: NOMARKS Herbal Scrub soap is basically soap with scrubbing particles in it. It is herbal and has a strong scent of citrus. To me, it smelled exactly like Liril soap. I like anything that smells citrusy so I do love the scent. The soap is quite large and you can see tiny particles of oatmeal and almond in it.
Price: Rs.30/- (net wt. 113g)
They Claim: “NOMARKS Herbal Scrub Soap is a unique blend of almonds, Oat Powder & Aloe with other precious herbs which when rubbed on the skin, loosen & remove dead surface cells and deep cleanse the pores to give a clean, glowing & healthy looking skin all over.”
Key ingredients: Sodium Palmitate, Talc, Perfume, Glycerine, Garnicia indica, Prunus amygdalus Powder(Almonds), Avena sativa bran powder(Oat powder), Titicum aestivum bran powder, Titanium Dioxide, Calendula officinalis Extract, Liquid Paraffin, Aloe barbadensis Extract(Aloe), Azadiratchta indica leaves powder, Citrus reticulta peel powder, Santalum album wood powder, Thymus vulgaris Extract, Disodium EDTA, Hard paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl disulphonate, CI 26100, CI 12740 & CI 61565
The pros of the Product:
- It is in soap form. That’s innovative for a scrub.
- Smells like lemons. I love the scent! I love anything that smells like lemons and oranges!
- It’s cheap! For thirty rupees I got a huge soap which will last for months
- It’s herbal. So even if it does nothing for you, atleast it won’t harm you.
- I feels very rich and moisturizing. Lathers very nicely.
The cons of the Product:
- It’s very hard to wash off. I don’t know if it’s just my water, but it takes a few rubs and a lot of water to wash it off my face.
- I don’t see how this works. I just don’t. I usually scrub my face for two minutes. The particles are embedded in the soap and don’t come off onto the hand or skin. So all you have on your face is basically soap. It doesn’t work as a scrub unless you rub the soap on to your skin for a full two minutes. Look at that pic. Do you see any micro granules? No? I didn’t either.
- It’s very soapy as you can see in the picture. Maybe this is why it feels very rich and moisturizing but it leaves my skin kinda dry. I have to apply moisturizer after using it.
- I like the feeling of micro particles of scrubs against my skin. It leaves me with a weird sense that my skin is getting scrubbed off dead cells and what not. This doesn’t do it for me. When I rub it on my face and then rub my fingertips on my face, it just feels smooth. I know, “what’s wrong with feeling smooth?” It’s a scrub, and I like it to do what it says on the box, not just sit there and feel smooth.
- It got into my eye. I applied it on my forehead and it dripped into my eye! And it BURNT LIKE CRAZY! I was screaming “Mummy! My eye burns!! Kuch karooo!” Even half an hour after washing my eye, it was watering and burning. 🙂
My verdict: At first this product seemed interesting. Innovative. I opened the pack. “Ooh smells like citrus!”…I just expected too much from it. It doesn’t do anything a scrub should. It works like a soap to me. The only idea I have to make it work like a scrub is to use it like a body scrub so in that way I can keep rubbing it over my body.
Will I Repurchase NOMARKS Herbal Scrub Soap? Absolutely NOT! This product was not worth it.