I have been suffering from acne and pimples for the last few months. That is not the problem. The main problem is with the horrible scars that it is leaving behind. I have tried loads of cosmetic products, but my skin is in such a condition that even a simple moisturizer that I use at night breaks me out. That’s when my mother-in-law came to my rescue. She was a popular Marathi TV actress in the 80’s and she had been going through a similar stage back then. She gave me this simple recipe for the nutmeg and milk mask. I have been trying it out for last 15 days and thankfully it hasn’t broken me out at all, but the best part was that I noticed a visible difference with the first application itself.
- Whole nutmeg with skin removed.
- 1 tbsp of milk.
- 1 strand of saffron (optional).
- Stone grinder.
How To Make Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack:
1. Wash the stone grinder and leave it a little moist.
2. Assemble all the ingredients.
3. Pour a little milk onto the grinder and put in the saffron strand.
4. Grind the saffron strand using the nutmeg itself.
5. Apply a little pressure and move the nutmeg round in circles. If the mixture starts to feel dry, add in a little milk again.
6. Keep grinding the nutmeg with milk until a desired quantity is achieved.
7. Remove the paste into a bowl and apply it on the face and neck.
8. Leave it on to dry. Minimum time is at least 30 minutes to get a good effect. You can also leave it overnight to get best results.
9. Wash with warm water and pat to dry the face.
Nutmeg contains essential oils that are beneficial for your skin. Along with that, it also has antiseptic properties which help fight pimples and acne. Nutmeg is also known to be a sleep inducer. Milk is known to be a skin moisturizer and softener. The combination of the two works wonders in this mask. It makes the skin brighter and fairer up to two shades. The pigmentation has gone down considerably. It has even helped me with my sun spots. They have also faded to some extent. I really do not need to apply any other moisturizer after washing off this mask since milk moisturizes but does not break out my skin. The addition of saffron also adds to the benefits of the mask. Saffron’s exfoliating qualities make it a wonderful aid in clearing and brightening up the complexion. It helps in blood circulation resulting in a glowing skin.
- If you have very oily skin, I suggest you make this mask in water or honey and skip the milk completely.
- Leave this mask on for at least 30 minutes, leaving it overnight gives better results.
- If you are known to be a night owl, I think you can use this mask at night since it also induces sleep to some extent.
- Using the grinding stone makes it possible to grind the nutmeg in extremely fine paste which does not irritate the acne or pimples.
PS: My M-I-L has a completely flawless skin even at the age of 62 🙂 thanks to this mask.
Beauty Benefits and Uses of Nutmeg
NYX Single Eyeshadow Nutmeg
Nivea Whitening Cell Repair and Protect Body Milk
Garnier Daily Care Gentle Cleansing Milk
Beauty Benefits and Uses of Milk
Almond Milk Cleansing Lotion: DIY
Lotus Herbals Face Pack Review: Teatreeclear,Claywhite, Marinyouth
Homemade Turmeric Face Pack for Skin
DIY: Aloe Vera Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Aroma Magic Glow Face Pack
5 Hydrating Face Packs For Winter
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars
How To Treat Body Acne Scars
20 thoughts on “Nutmeg and Milk Face Pack For Acne Scars”
I am so thankful to you Shaila for sharing this with me….I am suffering from a horrible acne condition right now, *cry* *cry* *cry* the dermatologist prescribed ones are drying out my skin badly….I will start this nutmeg face pack regime from today itself *powder*
Do use it jomol… no ill effects for me *nonono* . Infact even an occasional breakout flattens out sooner and leaves behind very mild scar which fades out even sooner *hifive*
me 2 jomol
I have tried this mask and it really work, nice DIY Shaila *haan ji*
Nice one Shaila *happy dance* *happy dance* i used to use the ready nutmeg powder and milk a few months ago *hifive* *hifive* but that stinged my skin a bit.. i think i should try the original nutmeg now rather than the powder *hifive* *hifive*
Thnkq *thankyou* for sharing this awesome mask… will try it soon.. n wud tell it to all my near n dear onez
WIll try this tonight. Thank u for sharing fantastic tip 🙂 🙂
thsi looks like an amazing mask. Not not for scars this can be used for everyday as well. Just brilliant!!! *happydance* *happydance* *happydance*
Yes Rati… it is a super simple everyday mask with loads of benefits 🙂
even i hv d same problem…. *cry* *cry* *cry* pls suggest smthng….
Yes girls… u can use this pack every night. It also heals the breakouts
Sounds good. I have recurring acne in two same spots so I would love to try this out! Thanks. 🙂
Is it okay to use nutmeg powder? Or will that irritate the skin?
Nisha, Ready nutmeg powder is more abrasive and does not give the same effects. If you do not have a very sensitive skin you can try using the powder instead.
Ok thank you for the tip. I think I do have sensitive skin now-a-days so I will take your advice 🙂
hey i have dry skin, can i use this mask for the pigmentation i have on my skin though i dont have any acne marks ?
Yes waseema.. this pack works on pigmentation and sun spots too
great thanks so much 🙂
wow thanks for sharing this awesome face pack *happydance* will definitely try it *haan ji*
First of all, thank you for the great tip 🙂 I have got very intense dark circles. Will this pack help get rid of those? Can I use this pack overnight for the under-eye area too?
Great mask, I really love how it made my face feel 🙂 May I know how often we should use this mask? 🙂