NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume
This review is for NYX’s Doll Eye Mascara (Volume). The Doll Eye Mascara comes in 3 versions: lengthening, volumizing and waterproof. Since my lashes are of a little on the thinner side, I decided to go for the volumizing one.
All the 3 versions of the Doll Eye Mascara come in only one color: Black
EDTA, Water, Triethanolamine, Beeswax, PVP, Microcrystaline Wax, Polybutene, Propyl Paraben, Copemicia Cerifera (camauba) Wax, Magnesium Aluminum silicate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Alcohol, Dimethicone, Methyl Paraben, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI77499, Sorbitan, Sesquioleate, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate-Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer
Net Weight: 8g/0.28oz.
What I like about NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume:
• Length: I actually bought this mascara for volume and considering this is a voluminous version, it gives pretty good length to my lashes.
• Holds the curl: I usually curl my lashes before applying mascara and this doesn’t weigh down my lashes. It holds the curls pretty well.
• No flaking/smudging: I have used this every day for the last 2 weeks or so for long periods of time and fortunately, it doesn’t give me raccoon eyes. Doesn’t flake or smudge at all and lasts all day.
• Removal: I have always avoided wearing mascara on a regular basis just because of removal issues. But this one comes off pretty easily with cotton dipped in baby oil.
• Safe for contact lens wearers: I wear contact lens everyday and this has not irritated my eyes at all.
• Easy application: The wand is slightly thin and is sort of an hour glass shape. It’s quite easy to apply using this wand without either having to go back repeatedly in the tube for more mascara or having too much product on the wand.
What I don’t like about NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume:
• Not enough volume: Even though I had bought it for volume purposes, it lengthens my lashes more than making them fuller. I won’t go so far as to say that there’s zero volume. It does give some fullness but nothing too great as you can see from the pictures.
• Clumping of the lashes: The first day I applied this mascara, I had horrible clumping of my lashes. It does take a few times to get a hang of how to apply in a non-clumpy way. What works for me is to tilt my head back a little bit and wiggle the wand through my lashes just enough times to coat each lash and not over do it. Having said that, it still clumps, not as bad as my first attempt but still sort of spidery.
• Dry and crispy lashes: The formula of this mascara is on the drier side and feels crispy and brittle once the mascara dries. On one hand, it’s good that it doesn’t smudge because of the dry formula, but on the other hand, it makes your lashes hard.
• Black not black enough: I wish there were more colors to choose from. Even the black isn’t the deepest shade of black.
• Name misleading: When I read “Doll Eyes”, I immediately thought of big, dramatic, doll like lashes but unfortunately this is just your everyday mascara. Nothing dramatic or extremely volumizing.
• This one is not waterproof mascara. Doll Eyes has a separate waterproof version.
• Price: Given that it neither volumizes nor separates the lashes, close to $10 on a mascara seems too much. For about the same price, I would any day go for my Cover girl Lash blast than this one.
Rating: 2 out of 5
This is just normal everyday mascara – nothing great. I wont be repurchasing this as there are much better, cheaper mascaras in the market that actually make the lashes appear longer and fuller without clumping them up. I am quite disappointed as NYX has always worked for me. This is probably the first time that I have not liked a NYX product completely.
MAC Opulash vs MAC X Mascara
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp, Addis Ababa Photos, Swatches
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt
Mascara: How to Choose Mascara for Eyes
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara