This review is for one of the popular Jumbo Eyeshadow pencils from NYX : Pots & Pans. Jumbo eyeshadow pencils from NYX have been reviewed here previously in the shades Black Bean, Milk and Yoghurt. So, more than talking about the pros and cons of the product, I would be focusing more on the color.
Websites claim Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil as a radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, the creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly—no pulling, tugging or fading—and come in a rainbow of vivid hues.
This particular color in Pots & Pans looks like a beautiful bluish grayish silvery shade with a lot of shimmer. However, when blended well, this turns from a silver shade into a shimmery off white color with just a hint of that silver.
Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.
$2.99-$4.50; Rs. 332/- on cosmetix.in, Rs. 350/- on urbantouch.com
Available in India in certain NYX stores as well as online shopping sites such as urbantouch.com, cosmetix.in, etc. Nonpareilboutique.com, cherryculture.com, porkdaisy.com, other online stores where NYX cosmetics are sold.
What I Love about NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Pots & Pans:
• Pots & Pans is a great highlighter color and can be used to highlight the browbone, inner corners of the eyes as well as cheekbones.
• I use Pots & Pans mainly as an eyeliner. It just adds a wonderful shimmery silver color that instantly perks up any eye look.
• This shade is a wonderful base for eyeshadows. Its sticky formula helps shadows cling to it and the colors get more emphasized and last longer. It is especially wonderful as base for silver or blue-toned eyeshadows.
• Like all jumbo eye pencils, it is very smooth, glides on wonderfully and also blends out really well using fingertips. There is no need to rub, pull or tug the eyes.
• Even though Pots & Pans looks quite dramatic, it’s a very wearable color and can be easily used for both daytime looks as well as more dramatic looks.
• This particular shade has a beautiful shimmer, which is very wearable and not overwhelming at all.
• It is a great base to achieve a wonderful smokey silvery look.
• Price is great. Most of the times, it’s on sale both in India as well as abroad and can be bought at a really cheap price.
What I Don’t Love about NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Pots & Pans:
• As with all Jumbo eye shadows, the pencil is quite thick and requires a special bigger-holed sharpener.
• The jumbo eye pencils crease terribly on their own and Pots & Pans is no exception. An eyeshadow primer is a must underneath these pencils to prevent them from creasing. However, I still feel that no matter which primer I use, these cannot be used as eyeshadows as these do crease after a short while.
• On its own as an eyeshadow, not only does it crease but also fades away completely settling only in the creases after just a couple of hours.
• Pots & Pans is very sheer when blended out, so if you are looking for a deeper shade of color, you’d be disappointed.
• Pots & Pans contains quite a bit of shimmer. If opting for a matte look, skip this pencil altogether.
• Pots & Pans is more suited for bringing out cool-toned shadows such as blues, greys and silvers.
• All jumbo eye pencils are extremely smooth, so much so that they easily smudge and do not stay long enough on the waterline.
• Packaging is okay. The plastic cap does not always come off easily and even when it does, it sometimes scrapes the color on the tube making a mess.
3.5 out of 5.
The color is quite great, but I wish it were a tad bit darker and not so sheer once blended in. It really brings out any color you put on top of it. Also, works great as an eyeliner, but obviously as with all jumbo eye pencils, creases horribly on its own. I would recommend it to anyone who likes to play with silver and blue colors. However, I myself won’t be repurchasing it anytime soon as I still have a whole pencil to go through and a little goes a long way, so I don’t anticipate finishing it completely in the near future. Also, since I am not much into silvers and greys, I use my warmer shades of jumbo pencils more often.
NYX Concealer in a Jar – Orange and Yellow
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp, Addis Ababa Photos, Swatches
NYX Box of Smokey Look Collection (S114)
NYX Studio Perfect Primer
NYX Lip Creams in Stockholm and Tokyo
NYX Powder Blush Pinched Review, Swatch
NYX Blushes and Lipsticks
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Review – Natural
NYX Blush Mocha Review, Photos, Swatches
NYX Chrome Eye Shadow Mink, Seclude Review, Photos, Swatch
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
NYX Doll Eye Mascara Volume
NYX Slim Lip Liner Pencil in Natural and Hot Red
NYX Powder Blush Dusty Rose Review, Swatch
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil : Deep Red, Iced Coffee, Soft Fuchsia
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil Yoghurt Review, Swatches
NYX Round Lipgloss Review, Swatches
Jumbo Eye Pencil Milk Review, Swatches
NYX Liquid Eye Liner
Soft Matte Lip Cream Antwerp Review, FOTD
Lip Lacquer Pot
Round Lipstick Tea Rose Review, Swatch
Tinted Lip Spa: Matador and Vintage
Mosaic Powder Blush
Jumbo Eye Pencil in Black Bean