By Bhargavi V.
Hello my lovelies,
Today, I am here to review NYX lip pencil in shade “Ever” (Dupe for MAC spice). I love lip pencils especially the ones which don’t dry out the lips. There are multiple benefits of lip pencils; it can be used to line the lips, fill the lips, erase the pigmentation, reshape the lip and also makes the lipstick stick on to the lips for a longer time.
While I was in my early teens, those colorful lip pencils on the beauty counters used to attract my attention a lot, but being very young, I never had an idea how to use them, but later growing up, I gravitated more towards lipsticks and never owned a single lip liner. A few months ago, a lady dropped her lip pencil from her purse, when I returned it, she was so happy and said how precious that lip pencil was to her and being a gal that I am, how could I not have a lip pencil in my collection, so I immediately ran to Ulta and grabbed some NYX lip pencils for me and my sister. There is always a small story behind every beauty purchase I make (or rather I give myself a justification on why I need to buy this).
- Classic, best-selling NYX lip pencil.
- Creamy formula glides on smoothly and blends easily.
- Provides long-lasting wear that does not feather or bleed.
- Contains Coconut Oils to hydrate and condition.
- Works perfectly with any NYX lipstick or gloss.
Who cares when the product is awesome 😛 Okay, I see coconut oil in the list which is an awesome natural lip balm, so I give it 10/10.
My Take on NYX Lip Pencil in Ever:
I gravitate more towards neutrals, so I picked up this shade – “Ever.” To me, this looks like a dupe for the very famous MAC Lip Pencil in Spice (let me know in the comments if anyone of you agree). It is a mid-tone orange brick color, not too orangey or too red, but a very perfect neutral/MLBB for medium skin tones.
This has become my go-to lip color for office. I line my lips and also fill the lips by rubbing the color with my pinky finger. It doesn’t wash you out, instead gives a very even toned lips. I gave this as a present to many of my friends and cousins, this shows how much I love this product.
I feel, these liners don’t need a lip balm underneath as they tend to make the liner slip and slide and the color doesn’t sit on the lips for a longer time.
$2.99-$4, if you have an Ulta, you can always find them on BOGO.
0.04 oz., 1 gm.
Pros of NYX Lip Pencil in Ever:
- Very creamy, glides on very smoothly.
- Long lasting, it survives food and drinks.
- This can completely replace the need of a lipstick.
- Very opaque color payoff.
- Lip pencils are easy to carry, don’t have to worry about breaking them or color getting melted in the hot sun.
- Travel friendly.
- Gives a nice matte effect without drying and settling in the fine lines.
- Can be used alone and also under lipstick/lip gloss.
- Huge color range to select from.
With clear lip gloss on top:
Without any gloss:
Cons of NYX Lip Pencil in Ever:
- I cannot think of any as I am deeply in love with it.
- This pencil doesn’t come with a sharpener (retractable option available in other shades).
I would totally totally recommend buying this shade and I am sure each one of you would love the color.
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil – Maroon
NYX Long Lip Pencil – Mauve 14
NYX Slim Lip Pencil in Bloom
NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil Hot Red
NYX Long Pencil Lip: Auburn
NYX Auto Lip Pencil in Plum
NYX Slim Lip Pencil Plush Red
MAC Lip Pencil Cherry
Colorbar Lip Pencil
MAC Spice Lip Pencil
Inglot Matte Collection AMC Lip Pencil in shade No. 20
Best Makeup Brushes Ever (Usage Wise)
Best Makeup Remover Ever! 😀
The Most Iconic Wedding Dresses Ever
Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Cream Blush #1 Innuendo