Ever since, I saw a review on the new NYX Stick Blush by Ida, I badly wanted to try out one for two reasons:
Reason 1 – I haven’t tried stick blushes till date O:) O:) O:) (I have an evil friend who suggested me to try Lakme stick blush). :smug: :smug:
Reason 2 – NYX product :pompom: :pompom:
Add a touch of color with our creamy and extremely pigmented Stick Blush! Available in eight rich shades! Apply and receive the perfect glow every day!
You can read the review of the shade “Tulip” here.
I got the shade “Hibiscus.” It looks a little brownish in the stick but actually it’s a warm peachy shade* (which reminds me a lot of the shade “Natural” in NYX cream blush range). I think this shade Hibiscus will look flattering on most skin tones, especially light to medium. There are no shimmer/glitter particles in this particular shade.
*I love to wear peach blushes mostly. Also, if you are planning to start wearing blushes and you are confused which shade to start with, always opt for a peach shade.
$ 6 (costed me around INR 500 with shipping from an international website).
White Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Squalane, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Vitamin E, Beeswax, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Carnauba Wax, Paraffin Wax/ Microcrystalline Wax, Phenoxyethanol/ Methylparaben/ N-Butylparaben/ Ethylparaben/ Propylparaben/ Isobutylparaben, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate. MAY CONTAIN: D&C Red No.6 Sodium Salt (CI 15850), D&C Red No.28 Al. Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140:1), D&C Red No.7 Calcium Lake (CI 15850:1), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Black Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Red Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Yellow Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019).
The stick blush comes in a lightweight, plastic casing which you can twist up to use the blush, just like a lipstick, secured with a cap. Being a stick blush, the application/dotting the blush is very convenient. The colour of the outer casing corresponds to the blush inside them.
What I Like about NYX Stick Blush Hibiscus:
- The formula is quite soft, creamy which just melts/glides easily on the skin.
- Even though it seems like a cream blush, the finish is slight dewy, but not full on shiny like a cream blush.
- It looks like a cheek stain, very natural with a soft, velvety finish.
- This particular shade has no shimmer/glitter, so can be worn easily during the day.
- It’s a very wearable, natural looking shade.
- I think it will suit most skin types as it doesn’t get too shiny/greasy like a normal cream blush.
- The product has good color payoff and can be built upon easily for rather intense colour.
- Pretty decent staying power, it did not fade even after 5-6 hours of wear.
- Neat, sturdy, lightweight packaging.
- Has no cheap/strong/bothering fragrance/smell.
- Available in 8 shades (shimmery and non-shimmery both).
- Hypoallergenic (as claimed).
- NYX products are not tested on animals.
- Fairly priced at 6 dollars.
What I Do Not Like about NYX Stick Blush Hibiscus:
- Non-availability in India :headbang:
- Even if you can order it online, you just have to make a “guestimate” of the shade. It’s really difficult to make out how the shade looks like in real life by just looking at a tiny shade card picture.
Overall, I like these new stick blushes by NYX and I would like to try other shades too. It’s my first stick blush and I like how convenient it is to apply the blush, by just dotting it directly on the cheeks without involving a brush or applicator 🙂
3.75 on 5 :-* :-* :-*
Image Source: 2
NYX Blushes and Lipsticks
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic
NYX Powder Blush Pinched Review, Swatch
NYX Blush Mocha Review, Photos, Swatches
NYX Cream Blush: Orange, Hot Pink, Red Cheeks, Glow
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Review – Natural
NYX Rouge Cream Blush Red Cheeks Review, Swatch
NYX Powder Blush Dusty Rose Review, Swatch
NYX Powder Blush Stone Review, Swatch
NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow
NYX Mosaic Powder Blush
Basic Blush Guide
How To Apply Blush
How to Apply Blush| MAC Peaches Blush
How To Apply Cream Blush