All You Need To Know About Oil Cleansing Method
You might be wondering what this cleansing method is all about! To be very precise, the Oil Cleansing Method, which is often shortened as OCM, is a beauty treatment that incorporates the method of cleaning your face with oil. Normally, 1/5 part of castor oil is mixed with 4/5 part of olive oil (extra virgin). This ratio however tends to change based on your skin type. It is a wonderful way of cleaning your skin from impurities without stripped the natural oils.
Things You Would Need
You would require hot water, a piece of wash cloth and the right blend of oil. The blend generally depends upon the kind of skin you have. Here is an idea for you to create the right blend:
1. If your skin type is dry, you need to blend 90% olive oil with 10% castor oil.
2. If your skin is oily, you would have to mix 70% castor oil with 30% olive oil.
3. For balanced skin type, the standard proportion is 20% castor oil and 80% olive oil.
While castor oil should remain constant, olive oil can be substituted with coconut oil, sunflower seed oil or jojoba oil.
Oil Cleansing Method In Ten Easy Steps:
1. Blend the oil as per the demands of your skin.
2. Keep hot water ready in a basin or by setting the sink button accordingly because you would need steam to be produced in course of the oil cleansing method.
3. Put some oil on your palms and rub it to make it warm.
4. Now, apply it on your face smoothly.
5. Massage with circular motions till your face is almost saturated with oil.
6. Now the wash cloth should be taken and soaked in the hot water.
7. Place the warm cloth on your face and rest awhile. Leave it on till the cloth cools.
8. Repeat this step again.
9. Wipe your face gently with the wash cloth for removing oil from your face.
10. If your face feels oily still, splash some warm water on your face. Pat dry. If the pores on your face feel dry, a drop of the oil blend can be massaged into your facial skin. Do not scrub!
Oil Cleansing Method: The Procedure Explained
• Why oil for cleansing? There is a theory behind this treatment. Many people are afraid of applying oil on face. However, cysts, acnes, pimples and blackheads are formed not just because of excess oil; various other factors like hormonal changes, accumulation of dead skin cells and bacteria contribute to these facial problems. But, when soap is used for the cleaning the face, it robs the skin of essential natural oils. Automatically, the skin feels dry and in due course, the oil production is further boosted. On the other hand, when oil is used to clean the skin, the skin remains in a balanced condition while every kind of impurity is done away with. The oil that has hardened with dust particles deep within your skin pores comes out easily when you massage your skin with oil. This prevents blemishes and pimples while giving you a glowing and beautiful skin. You need not fear of excess oil deposits on face after an oil cleaning method. The warm water and the cloth dipped in hot water would remove it completely.
• About the oil-blend: Castor oil is known to possess anti-inflammatory and healing properties. This thick oil with excellent cleansing properties should however not be used in larger quantities. It needs to be diluted with an oil that has a thin consistency. Both olive oil and sunflower seed oil are great for massage and relieving unnecessary dryness.
• The steam: It helps in opening the pores. Thus, it becomes easy to remove the impurities and hardened deposits of oils.
Oil Skin Cleansing Method Tips And Benefits:
• You need not wash your face with face wash or soap before this method. The method itself is designed for cleansing.
• It is very effective for make up removal as well.
• It is a cost effective option and absolutely safe.
• Try to relax while you massage your face. Practice deep breathing. Keep your mind calm.
• Do it regularly but definitely not too often.
• If your skin feels very oily after you do it initially, it is because the pores are being cleaned of excess congested oil that had accumulated all these days. This will be fine once the pores are cleaned.
Avon Naturals Skin Care : Cleanser, Toner, Face Mask
Oil Skin Cleansers: How to Make Olive Oil Cleanser at Home
Avon Clearskin Foaming Cream Cleanser
Vichy Normaderm Purifying skin cleansing gel Review
VLCC Skin Defense Sandal Cleansing Milk & Rose Water Toner Review
Clarisonic Mia Skin Cleansing System – Pink
Skin Cleansing Regime with Milk Cream
Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing with AromaMagic
Oriflame Aloe Cleansing Pads Review
Fab India Lavender Cleansing Milk Review
Nivea Visage Refreshing Cleansing Milk
Kaya Soothing Cleansing Gel
Himalaya Cleansing Milk