A variety of skincare products are now available in the market that address specific issues. Facial oils that are non-comedogenic, that is, the ones that do not clog pores, have become quite popular in the beauty industry. The side effects of applying heavy oils like coconut oil and cocoa butter have been realized only recently. Such heavy oils block facial pores leading to acne and breakouts. They are also associated with the appearance of blackheads, whiteheads and pimples. It is important to note that certain oils are safe for daily application and keep skin hydrated and moisturized. To find out which facial oils do not clog pores, read on further.
1. Sweet Almond Oil: Popular even as hair oil, sweet almond oil has emerged as one of the best facial oils for those with oily skin. It prevents breakouts by removing excess sebum and also has soothing properties, which moisturize skin well, making it ideal for sensitive skin as well. It has a light to medium consistency. It also has the unique property of lightening skin tone.
2. Olive Oil: High quality organic olive oil has been used since ancient times and was made popular when it was discovered that Cleopatra used it on her skin. Olive oil contains squalene, a great antioxidant and a component found in our own skin. It is recommended for dry and ageing skin. People with combination and oily skin must ensure that the quality of olive oil is high and organic and that they use it sparingly. It has a medium, non-greasy texture. Olive oil is so popular in skincare that many Korean brands make facial oils using olive oil.
3. Grape Seed Oil: Another recently popularized facial oil comes from grapeseed. It is an excellent oil for those suffering from severe acne problems as it contains linoleic acid. This acid helps to treat pimples and unclogs pores. It has a medium consistency and is non greasy. Different varieties of grapes are used for making this type of oil. It also contains compounds that destroy free radicals, responsible for ageing skin. It also contains Vitamin C, E and D.
4. Neem Oil: A popular oil in Ayurveda, neem oil has a low comedogenic rating. It has excellent antimicrobial and anti inflammatory properties. It is perfect as a spot treatment for acne prone skin. It has an oily consistency and foul smell.
5. Jojoba Oil: Jojoba oil is a very popular facial oil for oily and acne-prone for its non-comedogenic properties. Jojoba oil is good for people with fine lines and sagging skin. Jojoba oil has wax esters that mimics the sebum in our skin and penetrates into the deeper layers of our skin, nourishing and moisturizing it deeply without causing acne or breakouts.
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!