Thanks to IMBB I came to know the importance of including a good night cream in my skin care regimen and also reaping the benefits of it. My first ever night cream was Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream and I absolutely love it. After a few jars of it I wanted to try something new. I tried Lakme Fruit Moisture Night cream, Ponds Age Miracle Night cream, but sadly did not like them. I kept going back to the Himalaya one. More than a month back, when I was at Health & Glow, I spotted Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Night cream. I asked the SA for a tester, tried it on my hand, liked it and bought it.
749 INR for 50 grams
About Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Night Cream (Information taken from Olay website, since I don’t have the outer carton with me)
This nightly moisturizer firms skin and provides 7 anti aging benefits in 1 product all while you sleep.
• moisturizes to firm the appearance of skin while you sleep
• Fights 7 signs of aging
Total Effects Night Firming Cream provides the total anti aging power of moisture with a complex of vitamins, antioxidants and wheat protein for visibly firmer, younger-looking skin every morning.
Total Effects fights 7 signs of aging by:
• moisturizing to nourish dry skin
• Minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Fighting dullness and replacing it with a healthy-looking radiance
• Balancing color and tone and reducing the appearance of age spots
• Smoothing skin’s texture with gentle exfoliation
• Refining to minimize the appearance of pores
• Protecting skin’s surface from free radical damage with antioxidants Dermatologically Tested. Non-Comedogenic (Won’t Clog Pores).
water, glycerin , niacinamide , isohexadecane, dimethicone , isopropyl isostearate, polyacrylamide, stearyl alcohol, sucrose plycottonseedate, cetyl alcohol, panthenol , tocopheryl acetate , behenyl alcohol, polymethylsilsesquioxane, c13-14 isoparaffin, titanium dioxide , benzyl alcohol, coconut oil, dimethiconol, laureth-7, fragrance, ethylparaben, cetearyl glucoside, cetearyl alcohol, peg- 100 stearate, stearic acid, disodium edta, propylparaben, hydrolized wheat protein, sodium hydroxide, methylparaben, ammonium polyacrylate.
Directions for use:
Apply liberally to cleansed face and neck every night
My Experience with Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Night cream
Let me begin by saying that in the past I have tried a couple of day creams from the same 7 in 1 range. I found them just average. Nothing great. Little background about my skin type – I have dry skin, have just hit my thirties, skin issues I am currently facing are a couple of fine lines on my forehead and a couple of fine lines under my eyes, dryness, few visible pores on my cheeks.
Okay now let’s proceed with the product. It comes in a grey plastic jar (which looks like a glass jar) with a black screw-cap. There is a protective lid inside to prevent spilling of the product. As soon as you open the jar, you are greeted with a very mild pleasant fragrance. I absolutely love this fragrance. The cream itself is white in color and is of very light consistency. When you apply it to your skin, it gets instantly absorbed completely and gives the skin a moisturized supple look and smells wonderfully fragrant. In the morning when I wake up, I always see a wonderful healthy glow on my skin. Just need to avoid using more quantity of this, else skin looks slightly oily in the mornings. But hey, I’m not complaining!
A very little quantity of the product is required to cover your entire face and neck. I have been using this jar for about a month now and have used up only 1/3 of the quantity. So, even though it looks slightly expensive, one jar is going to last you for quite a long time – 2 to 3 months on an average.
Within the first week of use itself, there was a noticeable glow on my face which I received a lot of compliments. It also made my skin look healthy and supple with no signs of dryness. Also, after about one month of continuous use, I can see a definite improvement in the appearance of the fine lines on my forehead and also seems to have shrunk the visible pores. All in all, I absolutely love this cream!
Now, let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Night Cream:
– Pleasant mild fragrance which lingers on for sometime after application
– Imparts a healthy glow to the skin
– Reduction in fine lines
– Light in consistency-gets completely absorbed in the skin
– Gets rid of dryness
– Minimizes pores
– Minimizes appearance of fine lines
– A 50 gm jar would last a long time since very little quantity is required at a time
Cons of Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Night Cream:
– Would have preferred a tube or a pump bottle instead of jar
– May not be suitable for those with oily skin
– If more quantity is used at one go, leads to slightly oily skin in the morning
– Should be made available in smaller trial packs too
Would I buy Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Anti Aging Night Cream again?
Definite yes! I absolutely love this one! I think I have found my HG night cream!