Hi my beautiful buddies 🙂
How are doing today? I am back again with another gift treasure from sweet IMBB. My warm gesture and regards to Sanjeev sir and Rati for this ultimate opportunity, my new year would not have been better without their sweet gifts! Today, I will talk about my gift, a mild yet effective scrub from Ole Henriksen, a leading botanical skin care company founded and owned by its namesake. Ole Henriksen, the namesake of the brand, is a world-renowned skin care specialist. Moreover, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world’s leading luxury products group, has completed the acquisition of Ole Henriksen. Does this brand need introduction anymore now? I developed an interest towards this brand after trying a few of its skin care samples; however, some of them were not as great, but this scrub definitely needs attention and love from me! Please read on further to know more about Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub.
$24.00 for 1.7 fl Oz (50 ml), price excluding shipping and taxes.
Water (Aqua, Eau), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Juglans Regia, (Walnut) Shell Powder, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Seed Powder, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Acrylates Copolymer, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calendula Officinalis Extact, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Potassium Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Laureth-4, Hexylene Glycol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance (Parfum).
Every so often, your complexion needs a little extra attention to enhance the skin’s natural renewal cycle. Nothing does this better than a densely textured, smooth gliding and terrifically energizing facial scrub. Activated with water, the finely ground walnut powder foams up and slips over the skin effortlessly to awaken beautiful glowing skin.
- Aloe vera moisturizes, calms and heals.
- Chamomile calms, softens and soothes.
- Korean ginseng increases cellular energy, stimulates microcirculation.
- Walnut powder is mildly abrasive, aids in cell renewal.
Formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates.
This fine granulated scrub comes in transparent glass jar packaging with screw over lid. Little messy and unhygienic packaging because I need to dip fingers to scoop out scrub, but it comes with safety cover as well. It is a heavenly-scented scrub which smells like almonds and walnut.
My Experience with Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub:
I had been looking for a good scrub ever since I came to know that we need to regularly exfoliate and scrub our skin, thanks to IMBB again! I have tried and loved TBS and St. Ives scrubs, but then Ole Henriksen is undoubtedly different and better than my previous scrubs; however, the texture and scrub itself resembles a lot like St. Ives Apricot Scrub except the results and smell which is more nutty like walnut almond. The texture seems slightly thick, granular with transparent creamy layer. I just need to wet my face and smear a thin layer on the skin. It will not look like a face pack on the skin, but just a clear granular scrub which forms a little foam when it comes in contact with water. So, I just need to smear it on the face and then finally rinse it off while massaging gently in circular motions.
I do not experience any tingling or irritation like TBS Blue Corn Scrub with which I used to get slight burning sensation while waiting to let it dry, but this is totally mild and there’s hardly any sensation. Since it tends to dry, we need to moist our hands too before massaging, else it might feel like tugging our delicate skin, but once the hands are moist enough, it is really easy to gently massage our skin, preferably T zone and nose area. And once I rinse it off, oh boy, my skin is touchably soft, smooth, bright and the smoothness is really long lasting, for a day or two. It did give me results just like a high-end diamond facial or gold facial. I was not expecting it to be so effective for I love St Ives and I felt it would be anyway more or less similar to it, but its as effective as a diamond facial except the fact that effect of diamond facials lasts for 2-3 months while this one gives me smooth skin till teh second day, but it’s pretty amazing. I use it regularly every second or third day, it is recommended to use it thrice a week.
I feel if we are gentle with massaging, then this scrub is a gem for oily, dry, flaky and blemished skin as well. My blackheads are also vanishing slowly as it exposes them to surface and then I can easily wipe them out while rinsing off, isn’t it amazing?? It’s been 3-4 weeks since I am using it thrice a week and I must say, I have got more than half. Needless to say, a little goes a long way, just make sure you moisten face before using it. I don’t have any issues with this scrub except that its pricey, but anyway, I am ready to pay $24 for infinite facials at home rather than one-time $ investment in a parlor with temporary effects. For my skin, it is the best treatment I ever came across and I just thank this scrub for giving me baby soft and smooth skin.
I never got such smooth skin in my life, honestly speaking. It didn’t break me out, neither caused any irritation. All I can feel is a glow and sense of smooth touch. I am just loving it for this smooth, soft touch effect, even skin tone and texture, what else do I need to feel happy and beautiful. However, it will not treat acne nor exaggerate them except treating redness of skin caused due to acne, but anyway, we use day/night creams for acne and zits which will take care of them. For me, it is a big hit and I am hooked on to it till I achieve same results from any cheaper scrub. I will highly recommend this scrub to those with oily, blemished skin texture. Since I never felt the need of using moisturizer after using this scrub, I feel it is going to rock for combination skin as well, not sure how it will treat dry skin, but it is definitely a boon for me and all oily and combination skin gals!
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub:
- A transparent granular walnut scrub infused with goodness of Korean ginseng, aloe vera, chamomile and walnut powder.
- It is really effective from day one.
- Easy and mess-free application. We just need to moisten the face and slather on a fine layer on the skin and finally rinsing off with water while gently massaging skin and problem areas in gentle circular motions.
- If we gently massage it on skin, it will literally clear away all dead debris from the skin without ripping off moisture, tugging or harming our delicate skin.
- It claims to be suitable for all skin types, for oily blemished skin gals, it is a boon definitely.
- It made my skin so soft and smooth that I can literally feel the baby soft touch on skin and the effect is really long lasting for 2-3 days.
- It is gentle enough to be used thrice a week, hence before the smooth effect diminishes, we can again scrub away to get ultra soft smooth skin.
- It also exposes deep seated blackheads on surface and finally tackles them with week by week of regular scrubbing.
- It is very gentle, hence suitable for sensitive skin.
- It does not dry skin after rinsing off.
- The glow, baby soft skin lasts for 2-3 days, just like any facial treatment done in a parlor.
- A little goes a long way.
- It is formulated without phthalates, parabens and sulfates.
- It has a very strong but amazing nutty smell like walnut or almonds.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
Cons of Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub:
- It might be pricey for some; however for me, it is fine.
- Jar packaging, but then most scrubs come in jar packaging, isn’t it?
- It does have chemicals.
- The granules seem a bit harsh, hence one needs to gently massage, else it might end up bruising the skin.
I am just loving this yummy, delicious smelling scrub irrespective of its minor cons and my smooth skin is thanking it zillion times. I remember the last time when I had really soft, kissable skin was on the day of my wedding when I did a diamond facial and the effect lasted a month. This scrub really revived my memories, I never felt such dramatic results in these 3 years of my life. I am enjoying my smooth, clear skin since a month. I am ready to pay any amount for this scrub and to get long-lasting smoothness. I am getting it definitely again. Gals, do check it out and try it, you will be amazed to get drastic, long-lasting smoothness, believe me!!