I have never bought anything online and for the first time I bought a face wash from 99 labels. I came to know about 99 labels through a friend and when I registered I got Rs.250 as gift. It works as simple as any other online shopping portal and this one too has products in discount price. Though they have improved the site over time and many things have changed recently, I will share my experience here with you all.
I had this Rs.250 which was about to expire soon and I had to buy something from 99 labels. I was browsing for products regularly and either they were too expensive [in spite of the discount] or they were not very impressive. That is when I heard about the brand ‘Boots’ and I wanted to try something from the brand. Also 99 labels had some Boots products for sale. I didn’t want to pay extra as I wanted to utilize the gift amount. I found a cucumber face wash which was Rs.250 including shipping. Hurray !!!! I was super glad and ordered the face wash.
Surprisingly I got the parcel in a week’s time. The website actually said that they will dispatch the parcel only after the sale is over and it might take a month’s time for one to receive the parcel. So it was a sweet surprise for me when I got the parcel in a week. It was exactly the same product what I had ordered. I mention this point because these days such online portals send some random products other than what we order!!!! So it is very important that we get what we have ordered.
Recently they also credited Rs.500 as a gift for my birthday!!!
Things that have been changed at 99 Labels
• One cannot use the entire gift amount only to buy a product. For Eg. If the gift amount is Rs.250 your order amount has to be more than Rs.250. Even the Rs.500 given cannot be redeemed at one purchase. I have to use it for 2 purchases by splitting the amount into two Rs.250. For the same the above rule holds good. Recently I heard through a friend that she got her package really late.
• These are the changes I have noticed but there are so many others too, so it is better to know the entire details and then buy any product. Though my experience was really good [which was long back] I am not very sure how it works now. Hopefully they should provide prompt service like before.
Common and Major Problems Faced with Online Shopping Portals
• Delay in shipping the product. While I ordered something from Fashion and You I got it delivered almost after 2 months By the time I got the parcel I almost lost all enthusiasm.
• We don’t get the product what we order. They send a different product or the product that we see online looks completely different when we get it and see it closely.
• There are so many ifs and buts in their system. For Eg. Entire credit/gift amount cannot be used at one go, which will force us to purchase more than once from their website, irrespective of whether we like any product or not.
• Fashion and You has this points system where we gain points for inviting friends etc. This usually doesn’t work properly.
• The products they send might be damaged and they claim not to take any responsibility for the damage caused during shipping.
I conclude saying it is better to go to the shops directly and get what we want, as there is nothing as joyful as shopping directly in the stores. It also avoids all the risks mentioned above and also going around the mall helps us lose some unwanted weight 😉 without any pain.
FashionandYou.Com – Horrible Shopping Experience
A Guide To Online Shopping
Online Shopping: How to Secure Your Credit Card
Shopping: Top 5 Online Makeup Shops
Online Makeup Shopping: Coastal Scents Brushes Haul
My First Online Cosmetic Shopping Experience
Fashion and You Website Review
Have You Shopped at 99 Labels Before? Do Share Your Experience With Us!