Oriflame Beauty Urban Shield Gloss
That I like tube glosses would be an understatement :p That I adore them would seem more like it 😀 the last time I tried a tube gloss from Oriflame, I was pleasantly surprised with its stunning results ( remember, I even reviewed it on IMBB citing how it is one of those glosses that always elicits stares from passers-by?) I had my mind set then on trying another tube gloss from Oriflame. But since the previous Oriflame Gloss Booster in Sugar Glaze was a nude shade, this time around I decided to order a more pigmented tube gloss and what better shade than my favourite pink?:D
What it claims: Protecting lip gloss with incredible high-shine, pearly colour. Non-sticky formula conditions and moisturises. Contains antioxidant vitamins and Liptection Complex to improve skin’s ability to protect and repair itself. SPF 10.
Price and Quantity: Rs 279 for 10 ml
Shades Available: 2 (Frosted Rose and Pink Lustre). I have tried only Pink Lustre till now but intend to buy Frosted Rose as well soon.
The Good about Oriflame Beauty Urban Shield Gloss
- This is an extremely moisturizing gloss. It keeps my lips hydrated even long after it has completely vanished from my lips. My lips also feel nourished, supple and well looked-after as long as it is on.
- The gloss is slightly sticky but then that also why it stays put on your lips for about 2-3 hours. Besides, it does not result in ugly lip stains all over your glasses and mugs !
- Very mild, pleasant and refreshing smell. Actually the fragrance is the same as that of the Oriflame Gloss Booster (I am thinking maybe all Oriflame glosses smell the same? In that case, I am going to get all of them just for the scent :D) but a slightly milder version.
- Makes fine lines on my lips less visible
- Since it is rather pigmented, less is always more. 🙂
- Contains SPF
The Bad about Oriflame Beauty Urban Shield Gloss
- This is a rather pigmented tube gloss and drastically alters the shade of the lipstick if you intend to layer it over a lipstick. This holds true even if you are wearing a lipstick from the pink family where this gloss belongs too. As such, I mostly have to wear this gloss on its own or on a very pale pink/mauve lipstick.
- The applicator! Ugh! Initially when I purchased it I had such a difficult time in trying to squeeze it out! 🙁
- This gloss has an inbuilt plastic wand with the tiniest nozzle. The wand flaps back and forth on your lips even as you squeeze the tube and the liquid emerges from the nozzle. I have also tried twisting , turning and actually pulling out this wand but it has not worked. Anyhow, I have got used to it now and do not find this to be much of a problem. But it definitely required a lot of practice.
- I find it too long a tube to be carried. I would have rather had it fat and short than long and slim! It sometimes looks as if I am holding a thin pink plastic stick in my hands! The edges of the plastic tail are also too harsh for my purse pockets . 🙁
Rating: :-* :-* :-* :-* ( I would have given it 4.5 had it not been for its length and that plastic flap!)
Verdict: A good purchase for dry lips especially in winters.
Would you purchase again? : Yes but in the other shade called Frosted Rose as I would definitely want it to be less pigmented so I can layer it over my lipsticks . 🙁
Have you used Oriflame Beauty Urban Shield Gloss? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Oriflame Maxi Lip Gloss Pink Review, Photos, Swatches
- Oriflame Beauty Lip Spa Therapy Review
- Oriflame Gloss Booster: Swatches and Review
- Oriflame Power Shine Lipsticks: Swatches and Review