REVIEW and EOTD: Oriflame Mono Eye Shadow Essentials
Hello Ladies 🙂 As you all know I am a huge fan of Oriflame, so this time I went ahead bought a couple of eye shadows in some basic tones. I got Vintage Rose and Midnight Black. I’ll review them today… Hope you guys find it helpful enough 🙂
So anyways, I was going through my eye shadow collection the other day and I realized that I was short of the basic colors like Brown, Black and taupe/skin color. This gave me another “bahaana” to go shopping for cosmetics and the moment I saw that the mono eye shadows were discounted in Feb’s Oriflame catalogue I grabbed the opportunity 🙂
I bought three shades from this Oriflame range, Espresso, Midnight Black and Vintage Rose… I am not reviewing Espresso now cause I haven’t done an EOTD with it, but since I did and EOTD with Vintage Rose and Midnight Black, I am reviewing them now.
The Oriflame Mono eye shadows come in single shadow containers that look something like this…
They are powder based shadows with decent color pay-offs… They have a very smooth texture and are completely odorless…
As you can see, Midnight black is jet, matte black and has no hint of glitter in it. It’s an essential for a smokey eye look 🙂
The Vintage Rose on the other hand is a beautiful neutral color with a hint of sheen. It looks really pretty on the eyes 🙂 It’s a perfect color for office and college 🙂 The Vintage Rose i noticed had a bit of fall-off but midnight black had no such visible fall-off.
The swatches for your benefit are as follows:
These shadows can easily be blended and stay on for quite a long time. I wore them for over 5 hours without any base and they looked just fine 🙂
Oriflame Mono Eyeshadow essentials cost Rs.298/- normally I got it on discount for Rs.175/- I think…
Let me summarize the PROs and CONs now…
PROs of Oriflame Mono Eye Shadow Essentials
- Good pigmentation
- Have a long staying power
- Easily Blended
CONs of Oriflame Mono Eye Shadow Essentials
- Has a bit of fall-out
- Midnight Black could have been a bit more blacker!
Now here’s the LOTD… I tried doing a smokey look with the two shadows and this is how it turned out to be 🙂
I have kept the black shadow very light as I wanted a very soft smokey look and wanted to play up the Vintage Rose shade more than the black.
In order to achieve this look, I did the following:
- First I applied the Vintage Rose shadow all over my lids till my sockets.
- Next, I took some midnight black shadow and applied it on the outer V and the along the socket bone going towards the inner corner of the eye.
- I blended the two shades in order to give a soft look.
- Next, I applied some highlighter shade to my brow bone and blended it with the black shadow in order to avoid any harsh lines.
- Finally I applied My new Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Liner on my waterline and the upper lashline.
- I finished off with some Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara on my lashes…
Hope you guys liked the look and find my review helpful 🙂
Have you used Oriflame Mono Eye Shadow Essentials? Please rate in the box below
Also Read :
- Oriflame Visions V* For Your Eyes Only Eyeshadow Review, Swatches
- Oriflame Pure Colour Eye Shadow Palette Blues and Lilacs Review
- Review: Oriflame Beauty Shimmer Eye Dust
- Oriflame Visions V For Your Eyes Only + Makeup Shopping