Oriflame Very Me Fat Lash Mascara
I would go for regular shopping over catalog shopping any day! Sure, catalog shopping is supremely convenient and lots of fun, but nothing can beat actually swatching testers and blending them onto your skin in the store. So I’ve always been skeptical of catalog shopping.
That’s why, when I decided to catalog shop, I decided to start with Oriflame, a brand highly reputed the world over. That’s also why I decided to not order high-end products my first time.
So, I decided to get a hairspray (for mom), a body spray (for dad) and a mascara (for me :D).
I got this one from the July 2011 catalog. This is a picture of the mascara in the catalog.
And this mascara sounded very promising (fat lash?! Gimme! :woot:) That’s why I got this one.
What the company claims:
Knock your rivals out with unbearably thick lashes. Very Me fat lash mascara comes with state of the art brush and lash-amplifying formula that gives fuller, longer lashes that get you noticed.
The wand is pretty similar to Colorbar’s Extreme Lash Mascara. It’s made of rubber, and the stiff bristles give me perfectly separated lashes and a pretty good coat.
I was totally impressed with this aspect of the mascara. You would expect a few clumps. Or at least one. Guess what? Absolutely no clumps! I have used it for quite a few days now, and no clumps, every time! 😀
I quite like the consistency. Not too thin, not thick either, just right.
This was rather disappointing. It took 2-3 minutes to dry, so you cannot just swipe this on and run out the door. But once it dries, it stays on pretty good.
Rs.249 discounted to Rs.169
One important thing I want to say, a few people on IMBB have said that they have ordered Oriflame mascaras and found them to be dried up in the tube. Mine was totally fine, and not dried up in the least. It was very smooth, and just like new. Someone suggested it might be old stock or something, but mine was imported in December 2010, which means it had to have been manufactured even before that! So even though it is 8 months since it is imported, it is very smooth and not at all dried up. So all you people who might want to order Oriflame mascaras but are afraid of getting a dried up one, just to let you know that you need not get a bad one. You could also get a nice, smooth and perfectly good one, like I did. 🙂
This is my tube of mascara below.
What I like about the Very Me Fat Lash Mascara:
• It’s very affordable. Since it was on offer, it came at Rs. 169. Now ordinarily, I would NEVER buy mascara that came for this price. But I figured it would be okay, since, after all, it was from Oriflame.
• Just the right quantity. 8 ml is pretty good for me.
• Not waterproof, but water ‘resistant’. As in, I wore two coats and stepped out in the rain for a few minutes, but it did not run, did not smudge, and did not move a bit! But it is not waterproof, because a shower (without washing my face) did leave black streaks down my face.
• It stays the whole day pretty well. No smears, no flakes under my eyes.
• Did not sting my eyes at all.
• Looks good :). Did live up to its name. Did make each individual lash fatter, but did not give overall volume.
• Good for an everyday mascara. Doesn’t look OTT, yet makes a difference.
• Easy application. Brush is pretty okay. Nothing special, but not bad either.
• Lashes did not clump together. :happy dance:
• Lashes stayed separate very beautifully.
What I don’t like about the Very Me Fat Lash Mascara:
• This mascara does make lashes fat, but individually. So this absolutely lives up to its claims, but does not give the volume you would expect you would get with fat lash. I suck at explaining, I know. It’s like, fat lash usually mean you get that nice voluminized look. But with this mascara, you get the fat lashes, but no nice “volume”.
• It looks very ordinary. The packaging I mean. Kind of ugly.
• Takes about 2-3 minutes to dry.
• Contrary to its claims, it does absolutely nothing for length.
Great for everyday use! Plus it doesn’t clump and my lashes are separated wonderfully! What more do I need for regular use?
Oriflame Milk Honey Gold Moisturising Shower Cream
Oriflame Very Me Eye Envy Eye Shadow Review, Swatches
Oriflame Lipstick : Very Me Lipmania Review, Swatches
Oriflame Very Me Oh My Gloss Review,Swatches (More shades)
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara
Mascara: How to Choose Mascara for Eyes
Oriflame Grape Antioxidant Day Cream and Facewash Review