WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Paraffin wax is a white or colorless soft, solid wax. It is often used in salons and various spa treatments on the hands, cuticles, and feet. You can also do a manicure and pedicure at home using this wax. Let’s see how you can do a paraffin wax manicure at home and what are the benefits of using this wax. So, let’s get started!
How To Do Paraffin Wax Manicure At Home:
1. You need to get some paraffin wax. You can get it online or from your local cosmetic store.
2. Heat the wax in a large microwave-safe bowl in 10-second intervals. Make sure that the wax is completely melted. Do not overheat or burn it.
3. Till you wait for the wax to cool down, slather your fingers and hands with a rich moisturizer. Your hands should be thoroughly moisturised before applying the wax.
4. Check to see if the wax has cooled, and dip your hand into it. Lift your hand, wait for about 5 seconds and then dip it in again. Repeat this until you feel your hands are covered in about 5-6 layers of wax.
5. Now just relax and let the wax do its magic.
6. After about 30 minutes, start peeling the wax off. Once all the wax is removed, apply some more lotion on your hands and cover them with gloves.
7. You will now have noticeably soft and moisturized hands that feel soft and all the dryness and roughness is completely gone.
Benefits of Paraffin Wax:
1. Exfoliates well
Paraffin wax removes the top layer of dead skin to give the cells beneath a chance to come to the surface and breathe. It helps to exfoliate your dried hands really well.
2. Repairs skin damage
This wax works amazingly well on dried and cracked skin and helps to repair it by providing nourishment.
3. Relaxes muscles
A hot wax therapy increases blood flow to your hands, helping muscles relax and reducing an overall stiffness from them.
4. Cleanses pores
Hot paraffin wax is an excellent way to cleanse your pores. The heat will cause your skin to sweat, which then loses any excess dirt and grime on your skin for a clean and healthy look to your skin.
5. Warms cold hands
Paraffin wax is capable of absorbing and retaining much heat, which means, its heat capacity is high. So, it can be used to warm your hands in extreme cold situations.
6. Boosts skin’s elasticity
It increases the elasticity of the skin, which in turn increases mobility and movement, especially on the skin that covers the hands and feet. So a paraffin mani-pedi could be a great idea to prevent cramps as well as strain in the muscles and tendons.
7. Softens skin
The mineral oil present in this wax is known to soften the hard callouses. So, if you’re suffering from skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema, the hydrating and moisturizing effects of paraffin wax will help ease the ailment for sure.
How to Treat Yourself to a Paraffin Wax Manicure at Home
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
How to Treat Yourself to a Spa Day at Home
Instant Spot Treatment: Do-it-Yourself
Herbal Face Pack To Treat Acne Marks – Do It Yourself
Green Tea Face Scrub Mask To Fade Acne Scars: Do It Yourself
All About Paraffin Facial
10 Steps for a Great Home Manicure
VLCC Pedicure Manicure Hand and Foot Care Kit
Boots No. 7 Rechargeable Manicure Set
Different Kinds of Manicure