Who doesn’t love voluminous hair? Well, since not all of us are blessed with naturally big hair, we resort to artificial means. The most popular and frequently used one is blow dry. But blow drying your hair daily is not good for your hair. After all, regular heat application is something which will turn your luscious tresses into straws. Enter permanent blow dry!
1. What is permanent blow dry?
Permanent blow dry is also called Brazilian blow dry because this is where it originated. The process involves application of keratin treatment to your hair, which eliminates frizz and relaxes waves in hair. It won’t give a pin straight finish to naturally wavy hair, but it will make your hair much more manageable, and if you do heat straighten it, it allows you to create an incredibly sleek finish. Most importantly, it’s not damaging. The entire process takes 1-2 hours depending on the amount and style of hair you have.
• Firstly, the hair is shampooed with the shampoo allowed to settle for 5-7 minutes. The longer the shampoo is left on your hair, the better the solution works. After that, it is rinsed and towel dried.
• Then the keratin solution is applied and combed through the hairs.
• The hair is divided into small sections and then each part of the hair is roughly blow dried and then straightened. The heat of the straightener activates and seals the solution into the hair, making it an essential part of the process.
• With proper care, the entire blow dry can easily survive for 3 months. The best part is unlike other hair treatments, it fades, rather than growing out, so you aren’t left with annoying frizzy roots.
2. Who should go for permanent blow dry?
• If you already have poker straight, smooth hair, then don’t go for this treatment. I suggest investing this money on buying dresses!
• If you spend daily 30 minutes straightening your hair, then this is a MUST TRY treatment for you. Prevent your hair from getting tortured daily and let your hair get pampered with this service.
Some words of advice
• If you have split ends, first get a good trim and then go for this service, as the treatment won’t get absorbed nicely on the damaged part.
• Use SLS free shampoos for hair wash. Your blow dry will last long if you use mild shampoos.
• Wait a week after colouring your hair before having a permanent or Brazilian blow dry.
3. After care
For the first 3 days after your permanent blow dry; don’t tie or pin your hair back. Also, avoid any kind of hair accessory which can bring waves to your hairs. Also don’t touch it more often and don’t wash or wet it. Also, shower with a shower cap on your head. After 3 days, you can wash your hair with an SLS free shampoo.
Now, the ultimate question,
4. How much it costs?
Well, ladies hold your heart. It costs like a bomb. I don’t know if this service is available in India yet but overseas it costs anything around Rs. 20,000 depending on your hair length and volume.
Hair: How to Blow Dry Hair at Home
How to Blow Dry Fringe/Bangs for Curly/Wavy hair
7 Affordable Hair Dryers Available in India
L’Oreal Paris Blow Dry It Thermal Smoother Cream Review
Umberto Giannini Sleek & Chic Easy Straight Blow Dry Spray Review
Bumble and Bumble Bb Straight Blow Dry Review, Swatch
The Body Shop Ceramic Hair Brush Review