Product Purchased by IMBB
Today’s review is all about Philips MoistureProtect Straightener HP 8372/00. Thank you IMBB for sponsoring a product, which I will use religiously. So, let’s get started with the review.
Price: €72 (approximately 5000 INR)
Philips MoistureProtect Straightener MoistureProtect technology Ionic Floating ceramic plates HP8372.
Preserve your hair’s natural hydration For a healthy shine Sensor technology protects the moisture balance of your hair. The sensor diagnoses your hair 30 times per second and adapts the temperature to preserve natural hydration.
Beautifully styled hair
• Prevents static for smooth, frizz free shiny hair Ease of use
• Instant heat-up time of 15secs
• Faster, more caring high-performance heater
• 3 digitial temperature settings Caring technology
• Apply less pressure to hair to reduce the risk of breakage
• Perfect heat control with innovative sensor MoistureProtect technology
• Perfect moisture protection with innovative sensor Highlights Straightener MoistureProtect technology Ionic, Floating ceramic plates 15 sec. heat-up time The high-performance heater ensures a fast heat-up time of just 15 seconds. Floating ceramic plates The floating plates move to adjust the pressure on the hair. This protects the hair shaft from being damaged and reduces the possibility of hair breakage. High-performance heater This straightener keeps a more constant temperature for consistent results. Its high performance heater provides a more caring temperature while getting the exact style you want! Styling will be faster, since you need less strokes, while straightening. Ionic conditioning Charged negative ions eliminate static, condition the hair and smooth down the hair cuticles to intensify the hair’s shine and glossiness. The result is hair that is smooth, shiny and frizz-free. MoistureProtect sensor MoistureProtect sensor regulates the heat of the straightening plates for your hair needs, protecting the hair from overheating. MoistureProtect technology The sensor diagnoses your hair 30 times per second and adapts the temperature to preserve natural hydration of your hair. Temperature control 3 temperature settings (200 – 175 – 150 Celsius).
My Experience with Philips MoistureProtect Straightener HP 8372/00:
Sleek straight hair? Yes, please. I have naturally curly hair but, I love straight hair. I have been chemically straightening my hair for the past 5 years. But, after 6 months, the newly grown hair looks curly and the rest hair looks straight. So, I use this straightener to keep my hair straight all the time.
The packaging is good. It comes in a sturdy cardboard box, which bears all the product-related information. The hair straightener comes with a long cable. The cable is pretty long and hence, working with this straightener is easier. I just love the rose gold-copper theme of the straightener as it looks so gorgeous and elegant.
There is a sensor which checks the amount of moisture in your hair and adjusts the temperature accordingly. Hence, it is called ‘MoistureProtect’ straightener. This feature also makes sure that the hair does not dry out completely and the moisture stays locked in. This feature helps the hair look very healthy. The straightener gets heated up within 15 seconds, which is great.
There are 3 levels of temperature settings, which can be adjusted. I prefer to use the lowest level as I am scared that the excess heat will damage my hair. I need to use it more to determine the right temperature setting for my hair type. If your hair is thick, you may have to use the highest level.
I also use a heat protectant spray to protect my hair from damage. The hair remains straight for 2 to 3 days. After 3 days, I wash my hair. So, my hair comes back to its original texture. Also, the product is very effective in straightening your hair in a few swipes.
The straightener has also floating plates. It is supposed to adjust itself depending on the pressure one applies while straightening. This is an added benefit. My hair didn’t get frizzy after using this straightener. Also, I did not notice any hair fall, which is great. I have not used the product for creating soft curls since I prefer straight hair. I have not used the product for creating soft curls since I prefer straight hair. The straightener is very handy to hold and use. I am satisfied with the product and will surely recommend it.
Pros of Philips MoistureProtect Straightener HP 8372/00:
- Easy to use.
- No extra hair fall.
- “MoistureProtect” technology.
- Floating ceramic plates.
- Fast heat-up time of just 15 seconds.
- The floating plates adjust according to the pressure applied on the hair.
- This straightener maintains a constant temperature for consistent results.
- Provides a smooth, shiny and frizz-free hair.
- The sensor diagnoses your hair type for around 30 times per second and adapts the temperature to preserve the natural hydration of your hair.
- 3 temperature settings (200, 175, 150 Degree Celsius) that work together with the sensor to ensure that you always straighten at the best temperature for your hair type.
Cons of Philips MoistureProtect Straightener HP 8372/00:
- Cannot think of any.
IMBB Rating: 5/5
Will I Recommend/Repurchase Philips MoistureProtect Straightener HP 8372/00?
Absolutely. It’s a product which is easy to use and the hair damage is minimal due to the incorporated technology.
Philips HP8310 Hair Straightener
Philips HP8659 KeraShine Essential Care Air Straightener
Philips Dry Care Prestige Moisture Protect Hairdryer HP8280/00
The Body Shop Vitamin C Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30
NARS Smooth and Protect Primer SPF 50
Wella SP Luxe Oil Keratin Protect Shampoo
Remington Ceramic Straight 230 Hair Straightener-Model S1005
Babyliss ST87E Hair Straightener