Hi All! This is supposed to be my first article on IMBB and I am really proud to be a part of this blog. I had never tried any gadget for hair removal until now because I couldn’t afford it before, but hair removal creams never worked well on my rough hair texture and I was never very comfortable doing shaving because ingrown hairs within two days of shaving used to freak me out.
I googled to find out the best solution for hair removal and found out that the most appropriate ones were electronic shavers/epilators. I had already used an electronic shaver from the local market and was not too happy using it.
So, I thought of getting an epilator, which would be cheaper in price, but from a reputed brand. I bought Phillips Epilator Satinelle HP6400 at an offer price of Rs. 1000 (the market price is around Rs. 2000).
When I received the package, I was excited to see a handy gadget with a stylish look. The product HP6400 has no attachments like the Braun epilator which comes with 2-5 attachments, but when I browsed the net, I found out that the other models HP6401 and 02 have one attachment each and I had got HP6400, which has no underarm epilator attachment. I was a bit disappointed, but since I got this at a very low price, I was okay with it.
I tested the epilator on my leg. The pain was somewhat bearable on my leg, but when I used the epilator on my thighs, it was kind of a funny feeling.
It works with rotating disc with speed level of 1 and 2. The epilator removes the hair from its root, but if you move the epilator really fast, the hair breaks up rather than getting uprooted, so it is better to refer to the user manual before using such a gadget.
Thankfully, I didn’t get any skin bumps or redness and it works perfectly on me and I am really happy about this method of hair removal rather than waxing, shaving, or using hair removal creams.
If you haven’t used such a hair removal gadget before, I suggest you go for this model, but if you really need something which would work for underarms, then please go for HP6401/HP402 (I don’t know whether these are available through online shopping websites because I could only see HP6400). This epilator is really worth the price and I am loving it!!
Pros of Philips Satinelle Epilator Hp6400:
- Compact and stylish, lightweight.
- Less pain compared to waxing.
- If you use it in the correct way following the user manual instructions, you are bound to remain hair free for more than 3 to 4 weeks (based upon your body hair growth).
- Affordable price range of Rs. 1500-2500.
- Available online through various online shopping websites.
- Long cord wire of 250 cm, which is helpful in using the gadget conveniently.
- Easy to clean the epilator attachment.
Cons of Philips Satinelle Epilator Hp6400:
- Since it is an electrical gadget, have to be careful while using it and follow the user manual instructions.
- This specific model is specifically for removing hair on legs and non-sensitive parts of the body and cannot be used for underarm or bikni areas, but Phillips HP6401 and 02 have sensitive caps and can be used in sensitive areas.
- Some people may develop bumps and redness of the skin after epilation.
- Can only be used when the skin is dry and cannot be used when the skin is wet.
Bikini-Line Hair Removal Tips
Nair Facial Hair Removal Cream
Lazer Hair Removal in Mumbai : Ask IMBB
Veet Suprem’ Essence Hair Removal Cream
VI John Hair Removal Cream – Lime
Hip Hop Hair Removing Wax Strips: Strawberry
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Strip It Hair Removal Sugaring Wax
Temporary Methods to Remove Underarm Hair
Anne French Creme Hair Remover- Aloe Vera
Braun Silk Epil 3 Epilator
Philips Satinelle Ice Rechargeable Epilator HP6503/10