The sacred bond between a child and her mother is the best relationship in the world. Just like our mothers do everything to see a smile on our faces, the mothers of our favourite Bollywood actresses also do the same. Also, they go an extra mile to look good always. If you still feel that the mothers of these gorgeous actresses are lesser than their daughters look wise, then wait a second!! In this post, we shall unveil a list of 10 beautiful mothers of Bollywood actresses, who wow us with their grace and elegance too. Some were actresses themselves and have even shared screen space with their daughters. Whatever be the fact, these beautiful mother-daughter jodis is a real sight to behold. Take a look:
1. Kareena Kapoor Khan and Babita: Apart from entertaining the entire country with her acting skills, the evergreen Babita Shivdasani gave another beautiful gift to her fans. Guess what?? It is none other than her beautiful daughters, Karisma Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. Babita quit Bollywood after her wedding. During the 1960’s and 1970’s, Babita used to be one of the leading ladies of the Hindi film industry and has given a number of hits. Both her daughters have also achieved immense success. Her younger daughter, Kareena Kapoor Khan is an A-lister of the present squad of Bollywood beauties and has busted the myth that married actresses lose their stardom after wedding and motherhood.
2. Deepika Padukone and Ujjala Padukone: The current reigning queen of Bollywood, Deepika Padukone credits her beauty and style quotient to her mother Ujjala Padukone. She may not be an actress by profession but she has been with DP at each juncture of her career and has seen her daughter’s highs as well as lows. During her battle with depression, her mother was the first she opened up to. In fact, she even credits her victory from that tumultuous phase to her mother. Deepika is a doting daughter to her mom and her mother is always concerned about her safety when she is travelling alone.
3. Alia Bhatt and Soni Razdaan: When it comes to inheriting similar looks, Alia Bhatt takes after her beautiful mother Soni Razdaan. Soni Razdaan is a renowned actress who has worked in theatre, television shows and a number of films. She is the wife of movie director, Mahesh Bhatt. Soni is a doting mother to Alia and is also Alia’s biggest support. We can say that Alia is a total mommy’s girl and they look really adorable together!!
4. Sara Ali khan and Amrita Singh: Amrita Singh was one of the most successful actresses of the 80s who was not only known for her good looks but also her fantastic acting skills. After playing lead roles in many flicks, she also played negative roles in few of her movies. Amrita got married to the much younger Saif Ali Khan after dating him for a while. Her daughter, Sara Ali Khan has inherited good looks from both her parents and is currently riding high as a newcomer in the showbiz industry. Amrita is also actively involved in her daughter Sara’s career to a great extent. This mother-daughter jodi is elegance personified.
5. Shraddha Kapoor and Shivangi Kapoor: Shivangi Kolhapure is the mother of Bollywood actress Shraddha Kapoor. She is a former actress and singer who is known for her work in a few Bollywood films. She took retirement from films after her marriage to focus on family life and kids. Since then, she has been spotted with her husband Shakti Kapoor at some award nights. Shraddha appears with her mother at numerous occasions and both of them look really great together!!
6. Esha Deol and Hema Malini: The name Hema Malini doesn’t even need an introduction. She is the dream girl of Bollywood and the spouse of Dharmendra. During the early 1970’s, Hema Malini got introduced to Bollywood as the ultimate dream girl and by the beginning of 1980’s, she was already a leading lady in the industry. Hema Malini is the mother of two daughters- Esha Deol and Ahana Deol. Esha even after coming from such an influential family, Esha failed to leave a mark in Bollywood and quit it completely after getting married. She has appeared in a number of commercially active films but even that could not contribute to her growth in any significant way. Her other daughter was never bitten by the tinsel town bug.
7. Kajol and Tanuja: Veteran actress, Tanuja is the proud mother of two daughters, Kajol and Tanisha. Tanuja was a well-known actress during the 1970’s and has been a recipient of a number of Filmfare awards. Her daughter Kajol followed in her footsteps and like her mother is considered to be one of the greatest Bollywood actresses has ever seen. Her looks and outstanding acting skills can truly be credited to the genes that she inherited from her beautiful mother.
8. Soha Ali Khan and Sharmila Tagore: Sharmila Tagore is the epitome of beauty and grace in the industry. She began her career with renowned filmmaker Satyajit Ray’s film, “Apur Sansar.” Her daughter, Soha Ali Khan may be really talented but she did not enjoy the same level of success as her super-successful mother. Nevertheless, her careful choice of roles did help her to carve a niche for herself in the industry.
9. Twinkle Khanna and Dimple Kapadia: Dimple Kapadia is the blue-eyed girl of Bollywood and also the wife of megastar Rajesh Khanna. Dimple is the mother of two daughters-Twinkle Khanna and Rinke Khanna. Unlike her daughters who had comparatively lesser reign period in Bollywood, Dimple was quite a popular actress during her times. She was launched by Raj Kapoor at the age of 16 in and became the heartthrob of the nation with her first movie, “Bobby.” Her daughter, Twinkle Khanna, after a short stint in Bollywood married Akshay Kumar and is a successful entrepreneur, columnist, and author. She is also known popularly as “Ms. Funnybones” for her sharp wit and humour. She has also penned three hugely popular books. This stylish mother-daughter duo are often spotted together at public events and complement each other really well.
10. Sonakshi Sinha and Poonam Sinha: Poonam Sinha is the mother of the very gorgeous Sonakshi Sinha. Poonam is a former actress and has acted in Hindi cinema under the screen name “Komal” during the early days of her career. Sonakshi Sinha worked as a costume designer in the early days of her life but eventually got her biggest break with the release of the movie, “Dabangg” opposite Salman Khan. Sonakshi and her mother make one of the most beautiful mother-daughter jodis of the tinsel town. She considers her mother as her biggest critic and always turns to her for expert advice. Her upcoming flick, Kalank has already stirred a positive response from the audience and Sonakshi is awaiting its release very soon.
11. Jhanvi Kapoor and Sridevi: Another beautiful mother-daughter jodi which is worth mentioning is of Sridevi and Jhanvi Kapoor. Sridevi’s beauty and innocence needs no description. She was the first female superstar of India and has been one of the top notch actresses of her times. After her marriage to Boney Kapoor, she gave birth to two daughters – Jhanvi Kapoor and Khushi Kapoor. Both her daughters are really pretty and have an amazing sense of style and fashion. After Sridevi’s untimely demise, her older daughter, Jhanvi debuted in the Karan Johar directed flick “Dhadak” which did not do very well at the box office, but Jhanvi did click majorly with audiences. Whether she achieves similar footing in this industry as her mother will be best known in the future.
12. Sheela David and Madalasa Sharma: Kavya or Madalasa Sharma is the daughter of yesteryear actress Sheela David and is now the daughter-in-law of Mithun Chakraborty. Coming from such a rich acting heritage, she is bound to be a good actress.
All these women make one hell of a beautiful mother-daughter duo and are true reflections of each other!! Hope you enjoyed reading this article!!