Dark spots, also called as sun spots, occur mostly because of prolonged hours of exposure under sun. This is mostly because of increase in melanin production, which leads to skin darkening. It can occur on any part of your body be it face, back, neck, shoulders, anywhere. It can also be because of genetics, nutritional difference, stress, abnormal liver functioning, PCOD, hormonal imbalance, and many more. These spots are not harmful or painful, they can be distressing when you consider them from a cosmetic angle. Some of these spots disappear by themselves after a while some can be quite stubborn and you would need to apply some skin cream or natural remedies to get rid of them. Potato juice has proven to be a wonder ingredient to treat dark spots. In this post, we will focus on “Can Potato Juice Remove Dark Spots?” Here’s how you can use potato juice to remove dark spots.
1. Potato with yogurt and rice flour: Mix 1 tablespoon of grated potato with 1 spoonful of rice flour and 1-2 tablespoonful of yogurt. Make a fine paste and mix it with rose water to get the desired consistency and then apply it all over your face or on the dark spots. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash off with normal water.
2. Potato as a spot treatment: Take out the juice from a grated potato and then apply the juice all over the dark spots. Leave the treatment overnight and then wash it off next morning.
3. Potato and Lemon Juice: Grate 1 medium-sized potato and mix it with lemon juice. Apply this mixture on the spot and then leave it for 30 minutes or so. Wash off with normal water.
Can Potato Juice Remove Dark Spots?
Potato is one of the best natural ingredient to remove dark spots because:
- Potato has bleaching properties in it, which can fade away acne scars, marks, and other stubborn spots.
- Potato has starch content that has lightening properties and thus beneficial in reducing dark spots on your face.
- Potato contains enzymes called catecholase which promotes healthy skin by reducing skin discoloration.
- Potato contains vitamins A, C, E and K, which reduce premature ageing and also prevent discoloration on the skin.
- Potato is known to slow down the ageing process and also to moisturize the skin.