It’s a wrong notion that starving yourself or going on a crash diet, depriving the body of essential vitamins and nutrients, will melt the fat and bring down the weight like magic. But as we have mentioned earlier, starving does not work for weight loss, unless it’s intermittent fasting, where’s there’s a window period of fasting and feasting. Regular exercise, healthy eating, following the correct type of a diet, will show good results. However, there are also certain food combinations that you could try to accelerate your weight loss process. Come to think of it, you can lose up to 80% of your weight in the kitchen and 20% by moving about and exercising, so you have to depend largely on your diet in order to shed kilos off your body. You can slog it out in the gym for the whole day but if you are not eating clean, the fat in the body wouldn’t move. Interestingly, some food combos work really well to accelerate fat burning. So, we list down 11 power food combos to speed up weight loss:
Before we start with powerful food combos, we have to take stock of low-calorie foods that can help with overall weight loss and to keep your calorie intake in check:
List of Low-Calorie Foods:
Read Rati Beauty Diet: The Right Way to Lose Weight
1. Mushroom: 22 calories per 100 gm
2. Apricots: 48 calories per 100 gm.
3. Iceberg Lettuce: Just 14 calories per 100 gm.
4. Cauliflower: Just 25 calories per 100 gm.
5. Lemon: 29 calories per 100 gm.
6. Cabbage: 25 calories per 100 gm.
7. Beetroot: 43 calories
8. Capsicum: 40 calories
9. Broccoli: 34 calories
10. Papaya: 120 calories in one medium-sized papaya
11. Celery: 6 calories in one stick.
12. Cucumber: 15.54 in one medium-sized cucumber
13. Tomatoes: 17.69 per 100 gm.
14. Garlic: A 3 gm garlic pod has no calories.
15. Zucchini: 17 calories per 100 gm.
14. Grapefruit: 42 calories per 100 gm.
15. Carrots: 41.35 calories.
16. Turnip: 28 calories per 100 gm.
17. Green beans: 31 calories per 100 gm.
18. Kale: 33 calories in one cup.
19. Onion: 40 calories per 100 gm.
20. Romaine Lettuce: 17 gm.
21. Radish: 16 calories
22. Raspberries: 53 calories per 100 gm.
23. Strawberries: 33 calories per 100 gm.
24. Asparagus: 20 calories per 100 gm.
25. Watermelon: 30 calories per 100 gm.
26. Green tea: Just 1 calorie
27. Black coffee: O calories
28. Mint: 16 calories.
29. Coriander leaves: 23 calories in one bunch of leaves.
30. Cold Water: Zero calories. People do think that your body will burn calories to actually raise temperature to 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit and it will actually burn 8 calories in the process, and there would be a deficit of about 8 calories.
31. Spinach: 7 calories in one cup.
32. Apples – 52 calories per 100 gm.
11 Power Food Combos To Speed Up Weight Loss:
1. Apple and Peanut Butter: This is a great snack option that is extremely filling and can satisfy your sweet tooth too. In this combination, you get less than 200 calories combining a medium-sized apple and one tablespoon of peanut butter (without added sugar or salt). Peanut butter supply a good dose of healthy fats, protein and apple on the other hand is a powerhouse of nutrients, containing antioxidants, fiber, vitamin A, C, potassium, and even iron.
2. Rolled Oats + Chia Seeds + Cinnamon + Almond Milk: Rolled oats come loaded with fiber, cinnamon can boost up metabolism to a great degree, and almond milk has healthy fats and other nutrients. Coming to chia seeds, two tablespoons of chia seeds come loaded with 11 gm of fiber, 4 gm of protein, and 9 gm of fat. It also gives 18% of recommended calcium daily intake and 30% daily manganese and magnesium. Zinc, potassium, B1, B2, B3, phosphorous along with rich antioxidants. Another important nutrient we do not want to miss telling you about is the presence of omega-3 fatty acids which prevent cancer, inflammatory disease, and heart problems. So there, you are not only losing weight, you would also be keep your heart, brain, and entire body healthy by including chia seeds in your diet.
3. Green Tea and Lemon: This can also be considered as a detox drink that should ideally be consumed the first thing in the morning to make our body alkaline. Green tea has a high amount of antioxidants as well as enzymes, amino acids, and phytochemicals like polyphenols in it. This great drink also has B vitamins, foliate, manganese, potassium, magnesium and caffeine. Consuming it will make you feel fresh and light. In the process, green tea helps to flush out toxins out of your body and aids in weight loss as well, but you cannot simply just get up and have green tea at random hours of the day and expect it to work. If you want to reap all the benefits, you need to consume green tea at the right time. When you consume lemon with green tea, it brings out the antioxidants in the tea, making it bio available for the body to absorb. This combination will boost metabolism and help burn fat.
4. Yogurt and Blueberries: Recent studies have hinted that blueberries may have an effect on genes which control fat-burning and storage and help to reduce abdominal fat. When combined with a protein-rich food like yogurt, it boosts your metabolism and the protein content will keep you full through the day.
5. Cauliflower and Coconut Oil: You would be surprised to know that 100 gm of cauliflower has just 25 calories! Cauliflower is extremely low in calories, less than 25. You can grate up cauliflower and replace it to make healthy cauliflower pulao. Coconut oil is not only great for hair and skin, it can help shed extra weight and decrease waist circumference. When it comes to weight loss, we all know that a healthy balanced diet and exercise can only guarantee weight loss, but this combo works well.
6. Quinoa + Broccoli: Like cauliflower, broccoli is a weight-loss friendly food because of its high fiber content. Quinoa has a very low glycemic index and is great news for your weight loss journey. It is also high in fiber and protein content, in fact, it is one of the best “plant-based” protein sources and that’s Rati Beauty diet programs extensively use quinoa in our recipes. It’s a super grain with metabolism-boosting enzyme called betaine and also lysine which is an amino acid which aids in fat burning. We just want you to ignore the calorie count of quinoa which is 222 calories per 100 gm because it definitely packs so much nutrition for the body in that count. The quinoa and broccoli combination is a treat for your tastebuds and good news for your weight loss.
7. Spinach + Apple + Ginger: You can lose lots of weight with spinach and that’s because spinach has negligible calories, only 18. It contains a lot of vitamins and minerals, from vitamin A, folic acid, vitamin C, to calcium, and even vitamin K. You can make this green smoothie along with apple and ginger to kickstart your metabolism and lose weight effectively.
8. Dark Chocolate + Almonds: Yes, you can eat chocolate and still lose weight, but it has to be dark chocolate! Dark chocolate helps to control appetite and has MUFAs which are healthy fats which helps burn fat. Almonds can boost weight loss to a major degree by boosting up metabolism and providing a high amount of vitamins and nutrients.
9. Eggs and Avocado: As we all know, egg is a wholesome food and a powerhouse of nutrition. There’s a reason egg is a part of every weight loss diet out there. An egg has about 78 calories and high in nutrients. It’s also a rich source of protein which helps you to remain full for most of the time and feel lesser pangs of unwanted snacking. Eggs help to boost metabolism up to 80–100 calories a day through its thermal effect and aids in burning more calories. Avocado, on the other hand, is great for weight loss with its oleic fatty acids content. You can include avocado in salads and also to make guacamole. Half an avocado contains 10 grams of healthy mono-saturated fats, which regulates blood sugar spikes. It is also rich in fiber, which helps to keep hunger at bay and reduces your calorie intake and weight gain.
10. Coffee + Coconut Oil: The whole world seems to be turning to this combination to burn fat. Coconut oil in coffee is also called “bulletproof coffee” made popular by keto dieters. Coconut oil can not only curb appetite, it can actually help burn fat and that’s because coconut oil is largely made of medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) which boost up energy levels and kickstart sluggish metabolism so that your body is actively burning fat through the day. Caffeine, on the other hand, gives a jumpstart to your metabolism and helps in burning calories at a faster rate. If you are a coffee lover, you would love this coffee! To make bulletproof coffee, make your regular coffee with warm water and coffee powder (without chicory content). Add 1 tsp of coconut and blend everything into a frothy coffee. Pour it out into your favorite mug and enjoy!
11. Chia seeds + Almond Milk: As we have mentioned earlier, chia seeds are great for weight loss because they are an excellent source of excellent source of protein, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, and also potassium and magnesium, among other nutrients. Almond milk is considered to be a healthy alternative to whole fat milk because it contains fewer calories along with a good source of protein and calcium. Soaking chia seeds overnight in almond milk and consuming it as a breakfast meal will supply your body with metabolism-boosting nutrients and keep you full through the day.
So, which food combination are you going to try, check out Rati Beauty diet programs for recipe options and meal programs that makes use of the above-mentioned ingredients.