As the name indicates Pre Menstrual Syndrome are the symptoms which a women experiences before the start of periods. About 80% of women experience the PMS symptoms.
Symptoms of Pre Menstrual Syndrome include:
• Breast swelling and tenderness
• Food cravings
• Sleep disturbances
• Weight gain
• Poor concentration
• Joint or muscle pain
Causes of Pre Menstrual Syndrome:
The exact reasons behind the Pre Menstrual Syndrome are not known. However, these factors may be responsible behind our monthly illness:
• Hormonal changes
• Poor eating habits
• High caffeine intake
• Imbalance of calcium and magnesium levels in the body
• Certain chemical changes in the body and brain
Treatment of Pre Menstrual Syndrome:
Like the diagnose of PMS its treatment is also a challenging task. But, by following certain safety measures we can see positive results. These include:
• Avoid high salt intake atleast a week before periods.
• Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
• Eat a well balanced diet.
• Avoid caffeine as far as possible.
• Exercise daily.
• Say no to alcohol and smoking.
• Calcium and magnesium supplements may help.
• Do not starve yourself. Eat small meals.
• Practice stress management techniques.
• Take half teaspoon of cinnamon and have it with a glass of milk every night to ease cramps.
• In case of severe pain and irregular blood flow drink half cup of parsley juice.
• Lemon grass tea is beneficial in case of painful menstruation.
Do you suffer from any of these symptoms?