Facial peels are so common these days and thousands of women want to profit from peel treatments. But if you want something gentle, soothing and yet tremendously beneficial, pumpkin peel facial is just the right thing for you! This facial treatment is not only refreshing, but also considered safer than the chemical peels so widely available these days.
Why Pumpkin Peel Facial?
Pumpkin is a rich storehouse of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Beta-Carotene, potassium and zinc. It is antioxidant-rich and helps in fighting free radicals in an effective way. It has natural enzymes that improve skin tone and the hydroxyl acids in pumpkin help to exfoliate skin. Hence, pumpkin peel helps to provide your skin with vital nutrients.
Pumpkin Peel Facial Treatment Benefits:
A pumpkin peel facial treatment has numerous benefits, some of which are as follows:
- Improves texture of skin to make it look healthy and nourished.
- Recovers overall complexion of face.
- Targets hyper-pigmentation and acne problems.
- Gets rid of dead skin cells by superior exfoliation.
- Stimulates collagen and elastin production.
- Perks up the cell renewal process.
- Softens wrinkles as well as fine lines and brings about significant reduction in signs of aging.
- Hydrates skin.
Pumpkin peels are neither as intensive as glycolic peels nor as deep as chemical peels. However, pumpkin peels are gentle on your skin. Often, other treatments are coupled with pumpkin peel facial to make you reap maximum benefits, depending upon your beauty problems. Oxygen infusion and microdermabrasion are some such treatments that are recommended along with pumpkin peels.
Pumpkin Peel Facial Steps:
The steps tend to vary from one salon to another as also from one person to another, based on the needs of the client. However, roughly you have the following steps to a pumpkin peel facial:
- Cleansing the skin to do away with oil, makeup and dirt.
- Cleansing your skin for the second time to make it squeaky clean.
- Priming the skin with some acidic base for exfoliation.
- Peel treatment meted out to your skin.
- Face massage and moisturizing.
It is best left on experienced hands if you want to see your skin soaking in the goodness of a pumpkin peel facial treatment.
How to do pumpkin peel facial at home with kitchen ingredients?
- Cleanse- Wash your face with a paste of besan and milk.
- Exfoliate- Take two spoons of pumpkin pulp and add a spoon of brown sugar. Add half-a-spoon lemon juice. Scrub your face with this mixture for about two minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Apply Pumpkin facial peel- Here are some of the easiest recipes for a pumpkin peel for your face. Choose as per your requirement:
1. For a basic pumpkin peel recipe, thoroughly mix 2 spoons of pureed pumpkin with a spoon of yoghurt and half-a-spoon honey. Apply the mask on your face and wait for 15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. If you have an oily skin, add half-a-spoon honey and half-a-spoon milk to 2 spoons of smashed pumpkin pulp. Apply the mixture on your face and wait for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
3. Take two spoons blended pumpkin pulp and add an egg. Add a spoon of honey. Mix the ingredients and apply on your face, wait for 15 minutes and rinse with warm water. This mask is good for dry skin.
Take care to avoid the area around your eyes while you apply the pumpkin peels.
- Moisturise- Now massage your face with a moisturizer of your choice.
Thus, you can do a homemade pumpkin peel facial with ingredients easily available!
P.S. This is a research article and I have tried to compile as much information as I could acquire. Readers are welcome to share their experiences, views and ideas.
Pumpkin Cinnamon Face Mask for Glowing Skin: DIY
Bath & Body Works True Blue Spa Renewing Face Mask with Pumpkin
Sleek Makeup Blush By 3 – Pumpkin
Pumpkin – Health and Beauty Benefits
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
Skin-Brightening Orange Peel Face & Body Mask:Do-it-Yourself
All About Facial Peels
How To Make Lemon Peel Face Scrub – Do It Yourself
Montagne Jeunesse Peel Off Face Masque
Freeman Superfruits Revealing Peel-off Facial Mask
Macadamia Natural Healing Oil Treatment
Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment
Pond’s Flawless White Re-Brightening Night Treatment
Natural Hair Spa Treatment at Home – DIY