I am steering clear of any oily products since my skin is still adjusting to the weather changes. But yet I felt it needed some deep cleaning. The Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask in Pomegranate was lying with me for a long time. So I thought of giving it a try.
Product Price: Rs 80 for 10 ml
What the companys says about Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask:
• Deep Clean & Antioxidant
• Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask gently peels away impurities and dead skin cells while a powerful antioxidant, Pomegranate, helps promote skin renewal and improve the firmness of the skin.
• The airtight mask allows natural ingredients to penetrate deep into the pores to unclog and increase clarity and moisture.
My experience with Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask:
The pack is a pretty pink in colour in the shape of a side view face. It has a notch on the top where it says open. This makes it very easy to open the pack. The mask is very light pink in colour. One may think it is almost colourless. On opening the pack the mask smells very strongly of pomegranate. The smell lasts for quite some time. I found the smell very overpowering.
The quantity contained in the pack is enough for one use only. Even if some of it does remain, it cannot be used since the mask dries off quickly.
The consistency of the mask is like a thick sticky gel. Even though it is sticky, it is very easy to spread on the face. But once it starts drying it becomes difficult to spread. The mask takes about 20 minutes to completely dry. While the mask is drying, make sure not to talk or laugh as it may crease the mask. The skin feels stretched while the mask is drying. I like the stretchy feeling that it gave.
Now comes the difficult part which is peeling off the mask. It is mentioned that the mask has to be slowly peeled off from the bottom. I followed the instructions but found it to be very painful since I do have quite a bit of fine facial hair which got tugged as it peeled the mask. So I peeled the mask from the top and found it easier this way. The mask did not break at all while peeling even on places where I had applied a real thin layer which is commendable.
Did it live upto its claims? Well not really. It did remove the layer of dead cells but did nothing to the impurities of the skin. I found no change in the appearance of the skin but it did become a bit softer.
Pros of Purederm Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask Pomegranate
• Removes the layer of dead skin cells
• The mask does not break while peeling off even if a very thin layer is applied
• The mask is easy to spread
• Makes the skin a tad bit softer
• The residue is can be easily washed off with water
Cons of Purederm Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask Pomegranate
• The pomegranate smell is very overpowering for me.
• Peeling off the mask is difficult if you follow the instructions given on the pack
• Does nothing to the impurities on the skin. It did not remove any black heads on the nose.
IMBB Rating: 2.5/ 5
Would I recommend Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask?
No. There are better peel-off masks in the market
Will I repurchase Purederm Botanical Choice Deep Cleansing Peel-Off Mask?
Purederm Skin Brightening Natural Pearl Mask
PureDerm Collagen Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes
Purederm Pearl Essence Mask
Purederm Purifying Dead Sea Mud Mask with Papaya
Burt’s Bees Very Volumizing Shampoo with Pomegranate Review
Nivea Fruity Shine Pomegranate Tinted Lip Balm Review