Thanks to all the reviews off late on Purederm/Montagne Jeunesse masks which tempted me a lot, I have taken a plunge into these. Most of the ones I purchased have been already reviewed on IMBB, so I will be doing the ones which are not.
- Easy and effective sheet type essence mask.
- Contains Arbutin, Green Tea Extract, Tropical Fruit.
- Quickly clarify the skin for a brighter complexion.
How To Use:
Thoroughly clean and dry face. Take out and unfold the mask and apply it on your face. Wear the mask for 15-20 minutes and peel off slowly from the edges.
Rs. 90-100 in India.
PureDerm Illuminating Arbutin Masque is a one-time use, sheet type masque. It comes individually packed in thin foil packaging. The masque is quite wet and soaked well in essence. I have used a similar sheet mask from Neutrogena (which left me fairly impressed) and that was another reason I wanted to try another of these sheet/cloth type masques. As instructed on the pack, I use it for about 20 minutes.
About the Ingredients:
- Arbutin – a more expensive form of hydroquinone; mainly used in skin lightening.
- Green Tea extracts – known chemicals to be stronger antioxidants for the body than vitamin C and E; its antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties are known to improve facial problems.
- Betaglucan – known for its ability to induce collagen formation and skin restructuring leading to lesser appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Vitamin E – the key to natural skin beauty; prevents cell aging due to oxidation; softens skin scar tissue to minimize its appearance; also reduces the appearance of dark spots and other skin discoloration.
Here is the masque:
(reminds me of the scary guy from the movie Scream :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:)
To check its efficacy on my skin, I bought three of these masks and used them on 3 different occasions. First time, I used it after holi as my skin was in a horrible condition and stained because of all the colours. The mask soothed my skin then and made it a little better.
Second time, I used it before a party and I noticed it made my skin looked fresh, awake and glowy. Lastly, I used it after returning from my vacation to give some extra TLC to my dull, tired skin.
My overall opinion about the masque is that it does make my face brighter instantly, skin feels more hydrated, supple, softer, and plumper; pores look reduced in appearance. These good effects however last for the same day of using the masque and I don’t see any overall, lasting improvement on skin after using it.
Now, some of us may not find such masks to be good value for money products as it is just one-time use and also for the fact that at the price one can get a full-sized drugstore brand skin care product, but I find these are good for some quick skin pampering, like a mini facial to the skin. So, if you compare it with the facial costs, these would definitely win 😛 Also, I find these require little effort for using (over conventional face packs/masks- no need to apply first then wait for it to dry and wash off 😛 )
Lastly, I find these one-time use masques very travel friendly and hygienic too. Overall, I am pretty satisfied and content with these and I would repurchase.
What I Like about Purederm Illuminating Arbutin Masque:
- Makes complexion brighter after use.
- Skin feels hydrated, soft and supple.
- Pores look better.
- Great for carrying on travel.
- Nice, neat packaging.
What I Do Not Like about Purederm Illuminating Arbutin Masque:
- It is one-time use masque.
- The results it gives are only instant, lasts for the same day and is not long lasting.
- The price is a bit high for a one-time use product.
- Limited availability in India.
- Contains parabens.
3.85 on 5 :-* :-* :-*
Purederm Refreshing Foot Deodoriser Peppermint
Purederm Shiny & Hydrating Jojoba Oil Hair Mask
PureDerm 3-in-1 Beauty Magic BB Cream Product
Lush Wow Wow Face Mask
Homemade Chocolate Face Mask
Oriflame Swedish Spa Purifying Face Mask
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Avon Naturals Skin Care : Cleanser, Toner, Face Mask
Botanical Aromatherapy Face Mask Geranium
Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask
Oriflame Essentials Cotton Face Mask
Oriflame Grape Antioxidant Peel Off Face Mask
The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask