WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Summer is here and with the scorching heat of the sun, it is important to invest in a good sun block or sunscreen to avoid getting tanned. I have tried numerous sunscreens, even the Neutrogena sunscreen with SPF 100 and Lotus Sunscreen range, but I find Suncross the best sunscreen that is available in India.
Suncros gel was suggested to me by one of my cousins. I first thought that it is purely gel based; however, when I bought this sunscreen, I was disappointed to see the white cream, but the sunscreen completely lives up to its gel quality.
There are a few things you need to know about a sunscreen:
- Pea-size amount of sunscreen doesn’t help with sun protection. According to dermatologists, a teaspoon of sunscreen should be applied to the face for complete protection.
- You shouldn’t vigorously rub sunscreen onto your skin as it nullifies the effect of the sunscreen by a whopping 60%, you just need to tap the sunscreen on your skin.
- All the leading sunscreens in the market leave a white cast on my face whenever I apply them in copious quantities (which I seriously hate). Zinc-based Suncros is a gel-based sunscreen and doesn’t leave a white cast no matter what amount you apply.
Verdict on Ranbaxy’s Suncros Gel with SPF 26:
Women who are sensitive to sun rays and are easily prone to pigmentation should invest in this sunscreen as it blends easily into the skin and doesn’t leave a white cast on your face.
Pros of Ranbaxy’s Suncros Gel with SPF 26:
- Especially suited for oily skin, humid conditions and those prone to excessive sweating.
- Doesn’t leave a white cast.
- Blends easily into the skin (check out the swatch).
- Zinc based.
- Gel based.
Cons of Ranbaxy’s Suncros Gel with SPF 26:
- As soon as I apply the sunscreen, I feel that my skin has become oily (but slight dabbing of compact powder over it fixes this problem).
- The sunscreen is only available in SPF26 formula.
- Suncros gel doesn’t mention anything about PA+++ and doesn’t even mention anything about protection from UVA or UVB rays.
- The packaging is weird, I have to fold the whole tube into two halves so that I can squeeze out the sunscreen.
Rs. 280 for 100 gm. Available in all medical stores and Health and Glow shops.
Nature’s Family Apricot Scrub
Biotique Bio Carrot Face and Body Sun Lotion
Nature’s Essence Sun Ban 30 Sunscreen Lotion
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defense for Face SPF 50
Biotique Sun Carrot Protective Lotion
Himani Boro Plus Healthy Skin Herbal Sun Protection Lotion
Shahnaz Forever Sun Protective Cream SPF 40
Biotique Red Sandalwood Lotion With SPF 50
Lakme Fairness Sunscreen Sun Expert Range
Clinique Sun SPF 50 Face Cream
Nivea UV Protection Body Lotion
Sun Safe -Lotus Herbals SunBlock Reviews – SPF 40, SPF 60
Lakme Sunexpert Fairness Body Sunscreen Lotion
Vaseline Healthy White Body Lotion
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock SPF 50 and Garnier Sun Control Moisturizer
VLCC Matte Look Sunscreen Lotion
Aroma Magic Cucumber Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30
Lotus Herbals Safe Sun Kids Sun block Cream SPF 25
Nivea Sun Moisturizing Immediate Sun Protection
No Marks Sunscreen SPF 26
Za True White Day Protector with SPF 26 PA++