Today, I am back with another review of my favourite makeup brushes for eyes. Its the Real Techniques Starter Set. To know more about the brushes, keep reading!
I am a big fan of Real Techniques Brushes. As I have stated in my previous Real Techniques reviews, these brushes were designed by Samantha Chapman, a MUA who runs the Youtube channel Pixiwoo with her sister as well as has a beauty blog.
What Real Techniques Claim about the Starter Set:
Eye definition goes high-definition with this essential set:
Includes a 5 full-size brushes + case:
- Base shadow brush: applies a smooth, flawless foundation of color.
- Deluxe crease brush: soft, oversized design for effortless contouring.
- Accent brush: designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting, and smudging.
- Pixel-point eyeliner brush: tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application.
- Brow brush: distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows.
- Panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand.
- Look pixel-perfect even in harsh light.
- Ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free.
- Extended aluminium handles are light and easy to use.
18 $. You can get this set at Sephora, ebay or Boots across UK.
My Take on Real Techniques Starter Kit:
I was in search for a good eye make up set and I came across this kit in Boots. I was super excited to try this as I have a good impression about other sets from Real Techniques. These brushes are really attractive, I love this set. Let me explain how I use each brush from this set.
Base Shadow Brush:
I use this to evenly apply foundation on my eye area. This gives me a decent application of color on my lids. It even picks up eyeshadow easily with minimal fallout and applies it smoothly and evenly to the eyelid. The bristles are so soft and the best part is that they are synthetic. My regular face brushes often fail to apply color on my inner eye corners because of the size. This one overcomes all the flaws of my bigger foundation brush, it gives me a smooth and even eye area application.
Deluxe Crease Brush:
This brush is way too big for my crease. I have small eyes, so I use this to apply highlighter. This is very dense and its super soft too.
This is the smallest one from the set. This little brush is the perfect one for smudging different coloured shadows together and get into those tricky areas like the inner corners of the eyes.
Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush:
This little brush is very soft and flexible. Its a big one and one needs practice how to draw lines on the upper lids using this. I have never used it on my waterline. I think to draw lip line, this might be a good one.
I use this to apply color on my outer V as well as filling my eye brows. Its not too hard, yet its good for getting that arch shaped look.
Overall, I like the kit.
Pros of Real Techniques Starter Kit:
- This set is a great value for money.
- Cruelty free.
- Its ideal as a gift.
- If you are a newbie to makeup and don’t want to splurge too much on make up brushes, you can go for these purple beauties which serve multiple purposes.
Cons of Real Techniques Starter Kit:
- The eyeliner brush, its too big. I really wish if it was a bent eye liner brush. If you want to draw thick lines for a dramatic look, this is awesome. For smaller lines, its hard to draw :/
- Also, availability in India might be an issue.
Bye dearies, I will be soon back with another Real Techniques review, have a lovely weekend!
Real Techniques Core Collection Brushes
Real Techniques Powder Brush by Samantha Chapman
Real Techniques Blush Brush
Oriflame Triple Core Lipstick
Oriflame Duo Core Foundation
MUA 24 Shade Immaculate Collection Palette
Make Up For Ever Aqua Look Collection 5 Waterproof Eyeliner Pencils
Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eyeshadow Collection
MAC Fall Color Collection Review, Swatch, Look
MAC Brush Cleanser
Must Have MAC Brushes : Ask IMBB
MAC 219 Pencil Brush
MAC 316 Lip Brush
MAC Cinematics Collection Brush, Smokey Eye Makeup Kits
MAC 187 Duo Fibre Brush
MAC 211 Pointed Liner Brush
Sigma Professional Brush Kit
20 Piece Makeup Brush Kit
Ecotools 4 pieces Makeup Brush Set
Sigma Professional Makeup Brush Kit Sneak Peek
Inglot Makeup Brushes
Faces Cosmetics Travel Brush Kit
Bourjois Brush Concealer
My Second Purchase from Ebay: Kabuki Brush
Ecotools 6 Piece Brush Set Review, Photos
Sigma Brushes Shopping Experience and Sigma E10 Brush
MAC 219 Brush vs Sigma E30 brush
What Makeup Brushes Do You Need?
Coastal Scents Brushes