By Nishita P.
So, I have been getting my hair colored/bleached since almost 3.5 years regularly. I generally go for the Ombre/Balayage look. One of the most difficult things to do for a dark-haired woman is to maintain the processed hair and avoiding the brassiness. I just hate to see my hair turn orange after getting so much work done. I ran out of my regular shampoo for colored hair, so decided to try something different. After some intense search on the internet world, I came across Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo. Please keep on reading for my thoughts and experience with the shampoo.
- Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo and Conditioner activates brilliance, clarifies color and reinforces strength on all types of blonde hair.
- Gently cleanses, refines highlights and revives dimension.
- Helps improve color clarity and reinforces strength.
- Leaves hair brightened, conditioned, replenished and shiny.
- Activates sparkling, dimensional shine.
- Redken’s exclusive Interbond Conditioning System delivers grapefruit extract that combines with a natural anti-oxidant polyphenol and shimmering mica to form the exclusive Crystal Shine Complex. This highlight-targeted formula helps eliminate brassiness, clarify color and reinforce strength.
$28.67 for 10.1 fl oz.
My Experience with Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo:
Before I begin, I would like to mention about the nature of my hair. I have shoulder length hair, it’s wavy and frizzy at the ends (due to bleaching). I have been using this product since 3 weeks. The shampoo has citrusy smell. The smell is not strong or overpowering. After my first use, I saw that my hair had a lot of volume, the Ombre Balayage looked much brighter and blonder (if there is such a term :P). It definitely made a difference in terms of shine. My hair was super shiny.
Coming back to the volume part, I like it only because, my hair closer to the root is too smooth and limp and after I use the shampoo, my hair has more body, so I don’t have to back comb or use any other product for volume. I use this shampoo two times a week. The reason for limited usage is because I have seen that it makes the hair a bit frizzy when I use it often. I try to alternate with another hair smoothing shampoo. I have also seen that if I use it often, I have flyaways and some tangles in the hair.
Since I started using the shampoo, I don’t see the brassiness return back at all. I have not seen even a tiny trace of orange in my hair. I must add that it is a cleansing shampoo. It has left no residue or made my hair greasy. My scalp gets very oily on day 3, since I have started using this, I can go on without washing for about 4-5 days, which is brilliant. So, greasy scalp people, this is going to be a boon for you. It did not irritate my scalp. It is pretty gentle on the scalp.
You can see the picture of my colored hair. I usually sport the “woke up from bed” hair. Must mention that I colored my hair back in October 2015. I have not gone back for a trim, recolor, toning or glazing, since.
Pros of Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo:
- Highlights or color is much brighter.
- Adds a lot of shine.
- Gives good body and volume to hair.
- Good cleansing shampoo.
- Does not irritate scalp.
- Smell is pleasant.
Cons of Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo:
- Does not mention that its sulfate free/paraben free.
- Makes hair frizzy when used often.
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Redken Blonde Glam Shampoo?
Unless I find something else extraordinary, I will keep using the shampoo as I am now. But if someone is looking for a shampoo for both brightening and volume (for example, limp, volumeless hair) then yes, I would suggest the shampoo.
Redken Color Extend Magnetics Deep Attraction Mask
Redken Hair Cleansing Cream Shampoo
Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Finishing Spray
Redken All Soft Shampoo
Redken Diamond Oil Deep Facets Intensive Treatment
Organic Surge Blonde Boost Shampoo
TIGI Bed Head Dumb Blonde Smoothing Stuff
Matrix Biolage Ultra HydraSource Hydrating Shampoo
Garnier Ultra Doux The Marvelous Shampoo