Lemons are used as a medicine since ancient times. Lemons are used in many beauty recipes as it has vitamin C, which helps to rejuvenate skin tone, lighten skin complexion, reduce pimple, blemishes and wrinkles. The citric acid present in it is helpful for healthy glowing skin. Given here are homemade treatments to reduce acne with lemon juice. Follow our lemon beauty tips for acne-free skin!
Benefits of Lemon:
• Lemons are rich in vitamin C and increases collagen production in the skin which aids in formation of new skin cell.
• The citric acid present in lemons helps to clear out excess oils from the skin and acts as a natural bleach, it also helps to exfoliate and cleanse the skin.
• Lemons helps to reduce the size of the pores which prevent acne breakouts.
• The citric acid in lemons treat dark spots, acne scars and also has skin whitening properties.
1. Lemon Juice Mask:
Cut fresh lemon into half and squeeze the juice into a bowl. Using a cotton ball, apply it directly on the affected area. The juice may sting due to the citric acid present in it, if the sting is unmanageable, add few drops of water to reduce the acidity. Let it sit for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. If your skin feels dry, use a moisturiser.
2. Lemon Peel Mask:
Peel the lemon and chop them in medium sizes. Now sun dry them for few days till they are completely dry and hard. Grind them into a power and store it in an air-tight container.
How to Use:
• Cleanse the face with a mild cleanser and pat it dry.
• Mix the lemon peel powder with curd and make a paste, apply all over the face and neck. Let it stay for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
• Mix the peel with lemon juice, apply on only affected area or entire face, wait for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
3. Lemon Juice with Aloe Vera:
Squeeze lemon juice, then add some aloe vera in it. Mix the mixture well. Aloe vera has antibacterial properties that help to reduce acne and redness caused by it. Apply only on affected area. Let the pack sit for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
4. Lemon with Baking Soda:
Add some fresh lemon juice to baking soda and apply on affected area. Let the pack sit for 20 minutes and then wash it off with cold water.
5. Lemon with Cinnamon:
Add fresh lemon juice to cinnamon powder and apply it over the acne. Keep it for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
6. Lemon with Turmeric:
Add lemon juice in ½ tablespoon of turmeric powder. Mix well and form a thick paste. Apply the paste on acne and wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
7. Lemon and Honey:
This recipe is been used by olden times. Every granny has this recipe to fight acne. Honey soothes the skin while lemon work as a antibacterial agent. Mix lemon and honey in equal parts and apply directly over the acne. Let it sit for 15 minutes, wash it off with cold water, apply a oil-free moisturiser if required.
8. Lemon with Rose Water:
Rose water works as an anti-inflammatory agent. It also has antibacterial properties that fight acne-causing bacteria. The mixture will also be suitable to sensitive skin as it will dilute the acidity of the lemon. Add fresh lemon with rose water, using equal parts of both. Using a cotton ball, apply it over the acne, rinse off after 15 minutes with cold water.
8 Home Remedies for Acne Scars on Face
DIY Face Pack to Reduce Acne and Blemishes
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars in 15 Days
10 Quick Ways To Treat Acne
Homemade Cinnamon Treatment For Pimples
DIY Lemon Peel Face Pack for Clear and Glowing Skin
Freeman Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel-Away Clay Mask
Purederm Lemon Deep Cleansing Peel-off Mask
12 Shocking Side Effects of Lemon Juice
7 Amazing Benefits of Using Lemon Peel for Your Skin
10 Acne Patches to Vanish Pimple Overnight