Perspiration or sweating is a normal body function that helps our body to maintain its temperature when exposed to heat or humidity by secreting fluids through eccrine glands which are commonly found on the forehead, armpits, and feet. This secretion of fluid helps the body to maintain its temperature because we tend to lose heat through the evaporation procedure. In summers, sweating is a common and a normal thing, but underarm wetness is something we women are not quite comfortable with. We may not mind our makeup melting off in the heat as much as the sweat patches that show up on the sides, so in this post, we have listed out some helpful tips to reduce excessive underarm wetness.
Tips To Reduce Underarm Wetness:
Mentioned below are some tips that will help you to reduce your underarm wetness and keep them free of any odour.
- Use a good anti-perspirant: Anti-perspirants are formulated particularly to reduce the amount of sweat that is produced by the sweat glands. Opt for an anti-perspirant with aluminium chloride or mineral salt.
- Wear loose-fitting, cotton tops: Clothes made of natural fiber such as cotton allows the skin to breathe, and therefore leads to less sweating. Stay away from synthetic fabrics in hot summer months because they will not only make you sweat like crazy, body odor is a common bonus.
- Avoid stress and anxiety as these conditions increase your body temperature and lead to underarm sweating.
- Include pineapple and papaya in your diet. These foods contain natural enzymes that aid in digestion and reducing sweating and odour.
- Stay away from caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods, garlic, which can aggravate this issue. At least try to limit caffeine intake to just two cups a day.
- Drink six to eight glasses of water daily to keep your body cool and hydrated and to compensate for all that amount of water lost through sweating.
- Dab baby powder into your armpits before spraying on deodorant to prevent body odor.
- Mix a little baking soda with water to a paste-like consistency. Apply this paste to your armpits and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. Wipe off with a cloth and a deodorant later on to reduce sweating.
- Cut a lemon and massage the juice in your armpits, it’s a popular way to reduce sweating.
- Take 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar and apply it in the underarm area with a cotton ball. Wipe off after 20 minutes.
- Make your own homemade, chemical-free roll on deodorant this way.Do you suffer from heavy underarm wetness? If yes, then what do you do to keep yourself fresh all day long? Share your tips and tricks with us.