Many of us have this problem with pigmented lips. Being Indians, many of us have brown or varied coloured pigmented lips, but as the trend goes, only natural pink lips are appreciated. I am not an advocate of this fact. Even when I tell myself, I will go for a permanent lip colour that would be a neutral natural brown and not pink. I have nothing against pink lips, but I grew up having slightly pigmented upper lip and hearing comments from school girls if I smoke? I wanted to bash them right, left and centre there. I do not understand the trends associated with pink lips, more so, the definition of pigmented lips varies from country to country. In some places, having deep red and very deep pink lips are considered pigmented lips, weird, isn’t it?
There are many makeup and lightening methods used to treat pigmented lips. I am listing a few below. I personally like to use the lipstick and glosses as it is on my lips for their natural colour to come out. As I like the way my lips are, but I do like them to be supple and natural, so I tend to use coconut oil or this particular lip colour by Dior. I forgot its name, but not everyone thinks like I do and here are some tips for ladies who would like to lighten up their lips to get the very loved naturally pink lips.
- MAC makes “Lip Erase.”
- You could use things like lip lightner’s creams and stuff available in market. Beware most of them are of harsh concentration.
- Natural remedies includes applying coconut oil.
- Use a nude lipstick before applying your colour.
- Try getting highly pigmented lipsticks, for example, Rimmel London or Lancome.
- Make sure you keep your lips moisturised and do not lick them when they are dry.
- Use lemon juice mixed with honey with cotton every night.
- Raw milk on your lips help them lighten too.
- Drink a lot of water as it flushes out all the toxins and keeps skin and lips moisturised.
- Apple cider vinegar I have found works for my back as well as face and lips too.
- Glycerin with rose water again works as a toner and doubles up as a conditioner for lips too.
- Apply a concealer.
- Stop smoking, yes stop all together.
- Eat yogurt.
- Lightly brush your lips while brushing in the morning.
- Avoid as much sun as you can, if need be, go out with a sunscreen on your lips as well.
- Your lip balm is your best friend.
- In winters, try malai and kesar mixture.
- Keep a lip balm in your bag always and apply it as often as necessary. There is no limit to how many times you want to apply a lip balm.
- Eating green leafy vegetables and keeping a healthy diet overall which includes dairy products keeps your body, skin and brain all healthy and wealthy(err.. not too sure about the wealthy part).
So, all in all, this is what I could derive for you all, hope it helps and hope you all lovelies stay comfortable and pretty in your own skin and lip tones, enhancing is acceptable.
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
Maybelline Baby Lips Soothing Cherry Lip Balm
Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips
How To Make Lips Pink Naturally
Lips: How to Make Lips Look Fuller
How To Exfoliate Lips
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally