It’s finally raining here in Mumbai since a few days. When it’s not pouring, the climate is that kind of humid that makes your face sticky and clammy. I really do not like that feeling. It is said that such climate is known to break out the skin. I did notice a few pimples popping on my face and I really do not like it. So I came up with this simple and easy to do face pack that combats the oiliness and stickiness and gives you a fresh feeling.
The ingredients you will need are very basic and simple. They are:
1. Aloe Vera juice
2. Lemon juice
4. Almond or coconut oil [For dry skin]
5. Any essential oil [Optional]
1. Take some aloe vera juice in a bowl. I have used Patanjali’s aloe vera juice, but if you have the plant of it, do use the real one. It will be even more beneficial.
2. Add about a small teaspoon of lemon juice to it.
3. Add some honey. If you have very dry skin, do add some coconut oil/almond oil or any oil you have handy.I do not have dry skin at the moment, hence I skipped the oil part.
4. To add some fragrance and goodness to your face pack, add in the essential oil at this point.
5. Your face pack is ready to be applied.
Wasn’t it very simple?
A few points to keep in mind before trying this easy face pack out:
1. The quantity of all the ingredients will depend upon how much you want to make. I used all the ingredients roughly, 1 tsp aloe vera juice, juice of a quarter lemon and some honey.
2. It’s best to use the juice of freshly extracted aloe vera. But since I do not have the plant, I opted for store bought one.
3. Make sure that as soon as you add the essential oil, you apply the face pack. It is best advised that the face pack should be put to use immediately to get maximum benefits.
4. If you are allergic to any of the above mentioned ingredients, either skip it or replace it with some other ingredients like rose water or milk.
5. Use this face pack only twice a week.
Some benefits of:
Aloe vera: Did you know Aloe vera consist as much as 75 nutrients, 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 active enzymes. Aloe vera contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and B12, Vitamin C and E, folic acid and Niacin ? I never knew until I did some research on google! Surprising, isn’t it? It also moisturizes the skin, fights acne, prevents skin-ageing and treats sun burn.
Lemon Juice: We all know that lemon juice lightens out the skin complexion, but do you know it moisturizes the skin as well? I did not know! It also reduces the oil on the face, which is great for the monsoon season because my skin has become very oily these days! Lemon juice also eliminates scars, pimple marks and blemishes.
Honey: I do not need to add anything about the benefits of honey! We all know the moisturizing, anti-ageing, soothing properties of honey. It also is a pore cleanser, and since it has some anti-bacterial properties, it also prevents bacteria build up, which mostly leads to breakouts!
Hope you liked this simple face pack! Do give it a try and tell me how you liked it!
DIY Face Pack for Removing Scars
DIY: Aloe Vera Face Pack for Glowing Skin
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour Anti-Tan Face Pack: DIY
5 Best Homemade Coffee Face Packs
Antioxidant + Age-Defying Face Pack: DIY
Skin Whitening Oats Face Pack: DIY