In this post, I will be talking about some methods of facial hair removal that are suitable for sensitive skin. Facial hair removal is a painful experience for most people, and yet it is also something that many women find necessary. Our facial skin is extremely delicate, and most methods of facial hair removal end up being too harsh on the skin. This is especially true for those who have sensitive skin type. If you have sensitive skin and you have tried waxing your face, then you will be well acquainted with how disastrous that can prove to be! Not only does it make the skin extremely red, irritated and inflamed, but it also causes acne, bumps and other kinds of skin infections. There is also the increased risk of burning or bruising the skin in the process. With that in mind, here are some alternative ways to remove facial hair that are suited to sensitive skin types:
1. Plucking or tweezing: Using a pair of tweezers to get rid of unwanted facial hair is a quick, easy and effective technique. It removes the hair from its root, delaying the process of regrowth and promoting long-lasting results. It is safe for sensitive skin, as it does not disturb the texture of the skin.
2. Shaving: Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to shave your face. The notion that your facial hair will grow back darker and thicker if you shave it is only a myth. However, it is important to shave your facial hair under the right conditions. Do it just after the shower and make sure to use a shaving oil on the skin before you begin. Moisturize the face immediately after. Do not use the same razor on the face and body.
3. Threading: Threading is a much more targeted method of hair removal when compared with waxing. It does not disturb or irritate the skin to the extent that waxing does. You just have to be careful to avoid nicks and cuts and to apply ice or a cooling gel on the skin right after to prevent irritation and inflammation.
4. Depilatory creams: Contrary to popular belief, depilatory creams are a safe and effective way to remove facial hair. For sensitive skin, make sure to pick up a gentle and fragrance-free cream. You could also consult with your dermatologist before picking up a cream for this purpose.
5. Topical prescription creams: Speaking of dermatologists, you could also ask your skin doctor to prescribe a topical cream that is of medicinal value to remove and reduce facial hair growth.
6. Electrolysis: Electrolysis is the ideal hair removal method if you’re looking to get rid of facial hair permanently. It is the recommended option in case laser therapy does not work for the candidate.
7. Laser hair removal: A safe and effective option for significant hair reduction is laser therapy. Talk to your dermatologist to assess the viability of the treatment for your skin type. This is a great method of banishing hair growth if you have sensitive skin.
8. Home remedies: There are many DIY face packs that you can try to get rid of facial hair growth. These packs may not work for everyone all the time, but you can be assured that the ingredients are pure and natural, and there’s no harm in giving it a shot.
How to Lighten Facial Hair with Tomatoes
Pros and Cons of Waxing Facial Hair
6 Best Epilators for Facial Hair Available in India
How To Wax Facial Hair At Home
Facial Hair Home Removal Tips
How to Bleach Your Facial Hair the Right Way
Top 6 Hair Removal Methods for Sensitive Skin
Veet Hair Removal Cream Brightening for Sensitive Skin