Waxing is a great and relatively inexpensive hair-removal option that plays an important part in our personal grooming, by helping us to get rid of unwanted hair from our face or body.
Methods of waxing: There are two common ways to wax.
• Strip waxing: In this process, the esthetician applies a thin layer of wax to the area using a little stick. Then a little piece of cloth or special paper is firmly pressed on top of the wax. The cloth or paper is quickly ripped off in the opposite direction of hair growth, removing both the wax and the hair.
• Hard wax: In this process warm wax is spread rather thickly over the skin with no paper or cloth strips. It is then left to cool and harden. The esthetician then rips it straight off the skin. It is a relatively less painful way of waxing then the above one, which makes this process much better for people with sensitive skin.
Apart from being the most popular and effective semi-permanent method of hair removal it can be a trouble too as it also can produce burning and scarring if not done properly. Unfocused nature of waxing, can sometimes lead to ingrown hairs or bleeding, both of which can in turn cause painful scarring.
Waxing on a sensitive skin is difficult as the method is not only painful but also leaves scars and burning skin. If you too experience scarring related to waxing, then mentioned below are few methods that you can try to significantly reduce the appearance of your waxing scars.
• Boil water and add lemon juice and glycerin in equal amounts. Store it in a bottle and apply twice daily. This is one of the simple home remedies to remove waxing scars.
• Honey is also a home remedy to remove waxing scars. Add little honey to sandalwood powder and glycerin. Make a paste of the three ingredients and apply it on the skin. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash off with water.
• Apply ice cubes immediately after waxing. This reduces the waxing pain and provides relief to the burning skin. By rubbing ice cubes, the skin is also protected from getting scars.
• Squash an onion and apply the paste on the skin affected with scars. Leave on this paste for good one hour or so before washing it off with normal water. Onion extract is considered to be one of the most effective home remedy to reduce waxing scars. The process is gradual but reduces the waxing scars to a greater extent. You can buy onion extract in gel form, or you can purchase a scar removal product containing onion extract if you do not like to apply paste on the affected skin.
What do you do to keep your skin smooth after waxing?
Earwax: How to Remove Ear Wax
How to Use a Curling Iron
How To Wear Bright Makeup
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
Sleek Wax Pack with Aloe Vera: Facial Hair Remover
Veet Ready To Use Wax Strips
Waxing vs Epilators – What do you Prefer for Hair Removal?
Ask IMBB Gang : Threading or Waxing
How to get rid of rashes due to waxing : Ask IMBB
Image source: 1, 2, 3
6 thoughts on “How to Remove Scars After Waxing”
Needed these tips….thanks Era *thankyou*
Awesome Post… *clap* I love reading your posts era… they are so very informative 🙂 *thankyou*
Are they helpful for acne scars?
all informative posts from Era. *jai ho* *puchhi*
superb we all need this!