WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Handbags are something that everyone carry around. For some they are a mere necessity while for others they scream class and style. So, whatever the reason be for you to spend on a bag you certainly wouldn’t want it to be ruined due to your negligence. Mentioned below are few tips to help you take care of your handbag and keep it looking brand new forever!
Tips to clean stains from your leather bag:
Caring doesn’t take much work but, will surely save your money to an extent.
• To avoid staining at the first point never touch your bags with dirty hands. Also, avoid handling your bag after applying beauty products, such as foundations or hand creams. These products contain mineral oils and waxes which will destroy the look of your bag especially if it is made up of leather.
• Dip a cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and rub over the ink stain until it disappears from the leather bag and then let air dry. If in a hurry you can dry your bag with a blow dryer set on its lowest setting.
• Simply wipe a grease stain from the leather using a dry cloth. Do not apply water to the grease stain.
• To remove dirt or discolouration marks from your white leather purse use hairspray. Spray the affected area with hairspray and then wipe it off with a clean cloth and follow up with a leather conditioner.
• Mix 1 part distilled white vinegar with 2 parts of linseed oil. Shake well and apply on your leather bag in circular motion. Let sit for about 10 minutes, then buff with a soft cloth. It is a great way to replenished and recondition your leather handbag. But before going for these home treatments always do a spot-test.
• Avoid the use of saddle soap, alcohol, varnish, or ammonia-based cleaners on leather as they may be too harsh and can cause serious damage or discoloration.
• Before storing your leather bags always remember to apply a coat of leather conditioner or protector to maintain its original sheen and softness. But, never ever use lanoline leather creams or conditioners. Lanolin oil rots leather and makes restoration practically impossible.
Along with these home care tips you can also go in for a professional help once every year. This will help you in retaining the original shape of you bag to a great extent.
Hope these tips will help you to preserves the longevity of your handbags so that they continue to add colour and glamour to your style for years to come!
5 Bags to Carry this Summer in Every Budget and Style
Best of Hand Bags- Guess, Burberry, Giordano, Hidesign, Versace
Bags: Bag It This Winter
Different Types Of Handbags
Handbag: Top Women Handbags Brands- 2
Top Handbags Brands- 1