Tan is extremely common for Indian skin tones; particularly in summers, tan is evident on almost everyone’s complexion, but tanning is extremely common among people who love to swim. Tanning shows especially prominently on their cheeks. So, should you give up your love for swimming, just because you fear tanning? Well, no! Don’t worry, IMBB has come up with amazing tips which will help you to get rid of tan on cheeks caused by swimming. Have a look at the points given below:
1. Swim Outdoors: It is always advisable to swim outdoors rather than indoor pools. Indoor pools contains chlorine, which is not advisable for your skin. Choose an outdoor pool which uses salt water, UV and ionization. Also, avoid pools that use bromine. Once you start swimming in outdoor waters, the tan on your cheeks will gradually reduce.
2. Masoor, Tomato and Aloe Vera Face Pack: Crush masoor dal and add fresh tomato juice and aloe vera juice into it. Make a thick paste out of it. You can apply the same either on your entire face or only on your tanned cheeks. This will help you to reduce tan while swimming.
3. Apply coconut oil: Apply coconut oil all over your skin before you get into the water for swimming. Coconut oil acts as a protective layer on your skin which prevents tan. Coconut oil acts as a natural product which can be used to prevent tanning on skin and also prevents damage to hair.
4. Moisturiser: Before getting into the water, make sure that you use a moisturiser containing zinc and squalene. This combination acts as a waterproof sunscreen which prevents any further tanning on your cheeks. Make sure that you apply a thick coat and if you are inside the water for a very long time then you must come out and reapply the same.
5. Exfoliate: Post tanning, exfoliation is extremely important. Thus, make sure that a good de-tanning scrub like VLCC Fade Tan Skin Polishing Face Scrub is used for your face. Alternatively, you can also try O3+ D-Tan pack. This scrub must be used twice a day – once in the morning and secondly post swimming. This will definitely go a long way in removing your fresh tan.
6. Use Steam Room: Steam room is extremely beneficial to remove the fresh tan from your skin. Steam bath is extremely beneficial to open up the pores of your skin post swimming. This will help you a great way to remove fresh tan from your skin.
7. Baking Soda: When you combine lime juice with baking soda, then a very strong exfoliator can be formed. This is very helpful to remove fresh tan from the cheeks post swimming. Baking soda also acts as a moisturiser at the same time and thus it will reduce tan marks from your skin and will act as a moisturising shield on your cheeks at the same time.
8. Raw Potato: Raw potato contains Vitamin C which is used as a skin lightening agent in most of the tan removal creams. Post swimming every day, make sure that you apply the fresh potato juice on your cheeks or scrub a thin slice of potato on your cheeks. This will help to reduce tan from your cheeks in due course of time.
9. Coconut Water: Coconut water is not only less in calories but it also helps to reduce the tanning from your body. Make sure that you drink at least one glass of coconut water every day to keep yourself hydrated at the same point of time.
10. Oats and Buttermilk: Mix equal quantities of oatmeal and buttermilk in a bowl and apply it all over your tanned cheeks. This will help to reduce the tan and thus helps your cheeks to get back into original colour post swimming.