Revlon lip butters have become a rage these days. These got launched in India a few months back and I picked up two shades – Candy Apple and Berry Smoothie. Candy Apple has already been reviewed here. I am reviewing Berry Smoothie today.
Rs. 600 for 2.55 gm.
Buttery Balm + Shiny Color. Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips.94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.
- Hydrating mango, shea and coconut butter formula boosts lip moisture by 156%.
- Pampering gel formula provides super charged hydration and glides on lips buttery smooth.
- Sheer to medium colour with buttery shine.
- Available in 20 luscious shades.
How To Use:
Starting with clean, dry lips, apply your favorite shade of Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter onto lips. Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter can be worn with or without lip liner. Reapply as often as desired for softer, smoother and instantly hydrated lips!
The lip butter comes in a colorful plastic packaging, which makes it easier to distinguish the shades, if you have more than one in your stash. I am not particularly fond of the packaging though, they could have made it a bit more compact. The lip butter is very smooth and well, buttery, as the name suggests. It glides on very easily without requiring much pressure and I keep reaching out for it frequently because of the soft, hydrating formula. It keeps my lips moisturized for around 5 hours even when the color has faded. I don’t have chapped lips so can’t really comment upon it’s healing ability. This particular shade is quite sheer and is shimmery (unlike Candy Apple) and it requires two swipes to show up properly on my non-pigmented lips, the color is buildable though. If you have pigmented lips, please swatch it at the store before purchasing.
The shade is a light, cool-toned mauvy pink which doesn’t look over the top during day time since it’s sheer and the shimmer is so fine that I didn’t even realize it was there until I examined the bullet closely; it sort of just imparts a bit of shine to the lips without feeling gritty.
Pros of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Berry Smoothie:
- Hydrating, soft formula which makes it very comfortable to wear.
- Easy to spot with the colored cap.
- Lovely vanilla scent (I like!)
- Fades with a mild stain so my lips look pretty pink even after it has faded.
Cons of Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Berry Smoothie:
- Ingredient list not mentioned on the packaging or on Revlon website.
- Plastic packaging which appears cheap (considering the high price).
- The color lasts for only about 3 hours without meals in between, so frequent reapplication required.
- The color does transfer.
- Contains shimmer (not a big con as it’s barely visible on the lips).
- The bullet is prone to breakage because it’s very soft. It may even melt in the heat, so don’t leave it lying around in your car or handbag on a hot day.
- Fades unevenly. Remains on the outline of the lips and fades from the centre, so I have to wipe the outline of the lips after 2-3 hours to prevent looking funny.
I know I have listed too many cons, but the few pros are actually enough for me to ignore the cons. Only thing I can’t justify is the price for such little quantity. Other than that, it’s a great product.
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Lollipop
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Candy Apple
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Tutti Frutti
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Peach Parfait
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Cherry Tart
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter Sweet Tart
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter – Sugar Plum
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Crème Brulee
Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters
ELF Hypershine Lipgloss in Berry Cherry
Maybelline Baby Lips – Anti-oxidant Berry
Elle 18 Lip Smoothie Burnt Choco, Peach Afterglow
Montagne Jeunesse Fruit Smoothie Deep Pore Cleansing Masque