Today, I’m going to review the Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Black. This is one of my Holy Grail eyeliners and I’ve been using this way before I started using gel liners.
Let me start off with the packaging. The eyeliner is a rotating type rather than the usual pencil eyeliner which saves me time from sharpening and also there’s no wastage of product. The packaging is super sturdy and the cutest thing is that it has a tiny sharpener attached at the end of the eyeliner. If you want to sharpen the eyeliner for extremely precise application, you can do so with this tiny sharpener and attach it back at the tip again.
However, I noticed a huge difference in the packaging of the Indian Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner and the International Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner. When I came to India and ran out of this eyeliner, I rushed to the nearby store to buy me the same. This is what I noticed:
- The text printed on the packaging is Golden rather than White. The Golden text was rather cheap looking and faded off in just a month by rubbing against other stuff in my handbag unlike the White print.
- The Indian Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner DOES NOT have the tiny sharpener at the end unlike the International one.
- It is greasier than the International one and the staying power is not too great comparatively.
Now, getting back to the International Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner; this eyeliner is AMAZING. It is super black and I love it!
The texture is really nice and the application is super smooth. It is waterproof, doesn’t smudge one bit and stays forever on the eyelids. Even when I wash my face, the eyeliner stays put. People with super oily eyelids can use this eyeliner too. However, if you have drooping eyelids, this might not be the best product for you since the product gets transferred to the lids. I know so because I used this eyeliner on my mother’s eyes. Since she has drooping eyelids, the product kept getting transferred to her eyelids and crease area. I have started using gel liners for her now.
This eyeliner is perfect for summers as well, but I would suggest priming your lids prior to using this eyeliner or any eyeliner in general during summers and monsoons. It is safe for the waterline too and stays intact on the waterline for quite some time before it starts to fade away. I love how long lasting this eyeliner is.
My only problem with this particular product is the difference in packaging and texture of the product in different countries. Since it costs the same in India and internationally, I don’t see why they chose to manufacture it in such a way in India. It doesn’t bother me that the text print is in a different color, but it is quite disappointing when the product is greasier than the International one and the cute little sharpener is missing!
Finishing off, I strongly feel that this eyeliner is Revlon’s answer to gel liners.
Pros of Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black:
- Great packaging, especially the tiny sharpener at the end of the eyeliner.
- Long lasting (stays almost the entire day!)
- Waterproof, does not smudge and safe for waterline.
- Great texture and super smooth application.
- The tiny sharpener is very helpful for extremely precise eyeliner application if and when required.
- Decently priced.
- Works almost the same as gel liners regarding the staying power and pigmentation.
Cons of Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black:
- Difference in packaging and product texture in Indian Revlon and International Revlon.
4.75/5 (-0.25 for the difference in packaging and product texture).
Would I Recommend Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in Black?
Yes, you won’t be disappointed!
Revlon ColorStay Eye Liner in Glazed Green
Revlon Colorstay One-Stroke Defining Eyeliner
Revlon Colorstay Lipliner in Vixen
Revlon Colorstay One Stroke Defining Eyeliner Blooming Blue
Revlon Colorstay Sparkling Eyeliner – Brown Spark
Revlon Colorstay Sparkling Eyeliner Green Sparkle
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen
Ambika Pillai Liquid Eyeliner
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner (Twinkle) Photos, Swatches
Victoria’s Secret Brilliant Glitter Liquid Liner
VOV Liquid Eyeliner
Colorbar Color Intense Liquid Liner Photos, Swatches
Daily Beauty Tips : How To Apply Liquid Eyeliner
Rimmel Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner
NYX Liquid Eye Liner
L’Oreal Extra Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner Review and Swatches
Avon Metallic Liquid Eyeliner
Chambor Smooth-On Liquid Eyeliner