I love long lasting lipcolours. That is because I tend to eat my lipsticks. The regular lipsticks hardly last for more than a couple of hours. I envy all those ladies whose lipstick lasts forever without smudging or fading. That is why I am constantly on a lookout for these long lasting shades which do not budge come what may.
What the company says about Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick:
One-step, food-proof lipcolor with a patented ColorStay™ technology that lasts up to 24 hours.
• Food-proof lipcolor with a built-in, ultra-conditioning topcoat.
• One-step application- No topcoat required for comfortable wear.
• Stays comfortable and wears beautifully
• Does not feather or fade; no touch-ups required, even after meals
• Available in 20 full-coverage, soft satin shades, inlcuding 4 new shades!
My experience with Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick – Iconic Iris:
The liquid lipstick comes in a tall transparent bottle with a screw cap. The colour of the lipstick can easily be spotted due to the transparent bottle. The screw cap keeps the liquid lipstick air tight and prevents it from drying. The smell is intolerable. It smells like a chemical laboratory. But thankfully the smell diminishes within a minute or two. It contains a sturdy doe-foot applicator. The texture is neither too thick nor runny.
Iconic iris a Dusty mauve-pink with subtle shimmer. The liquid lipstick glides on smoothly over the lips. The pigmentation of this lipstick is topnotch. One swipe and you are ready to go. It takes about 5 minutes to dry after application. Once it is dry it settles into the lip lines. Make sure not to purse your lips together or they may stick and also ruin the finish of the lipstick. The lipstick does not feather at all. It stays on its place for hours together. The lipstick dries out to give a satin finish.
But it does dry out my lips quite a bit. A thin layer of lip balm does fix this problem but it reduces the staying power of the lipstick. The staying power is a good 8 hours for this lipstick (minus the lipbalm).
Pros of Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick – Iconic Iris:
• Beautiful nude MLBB shade
• I love the shimmery satiny finish that it gives
• Pigmentation is superb
• Very small amount required to cover the lips
• Does not feather at all
• Very long staying power
Cons of Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick – Iconic Iris:
• Dries out the lips
• Take more time to completely dry
• Expensive for such a small amount
• Settles into lips lines making the lips look more dry
• Starts peeling and looking patchy off after eating oily food.
• The smell is intolerable for me
• Needs an oil based remover to take it off completely
IMBB Rating: 3 / 5
Do I Recommend Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick – Iconic Iris?
No… unless you want this color.
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation Review
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation Review
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Liner Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick Review
Revlon Colorstay Overtime LipColor Photos, Swatches
Colorbar Ultimate Eyeliner Review
Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick – Ultimate Blush
How to Clean Stained Silk and Suede Handbags
The Most Iconic Wedding Dresses Ever
Most Iconic Bags Of All Time
Elle 18 Color Pops – Maroon Iris Review
Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick – Infinite Iris