WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Today, I shall be talking about an eye pencil. I have umpteen number of eye pencils/kohls as I love well-defined eyes with kajal lining. Though my all-time favourite still remains Amway Attitude Kajal kohl, still the curiosity to try different eye pencils is always there. Recently, I picked up Revlon Kajal stick and have been using it for the past 10 days, and today, I shall be reviewing the same.
Product Being Reviewed:
Revlon Eye Liner Pencil in Black.
Rs. 265, I got it at a discount for INR 199.
- For a smooth and powdery finish.
- Easy to blend and contour.
- Soft powder- smooth matte.
- Gives precise definition to eyes.
My Take on Revlon Eyeliner Pencil in Black:
Packaging: It comes in a sharpenable pencil form which has a black cap. The company name and description is embossed on the pencil with golden colour. A sharpener on the cap would have been better.
Colour: It is one of the blackest kohls which I have (not “The Black” kohl though). One swipe gives a nice black colour and multiple swipes intensify the colour even more. Needless to add, the pigmentation is great. There are no glitters whatsoever, hence no irritation to the waterline. It has never stung my eyes also. It can even be used as a base for smokey eyes.
Texture: It is soft and smooth and glides effortlessly. It isn’t creamy though. The liner gives a powdery matte finish. Does not break or crumple on sharpening. It does not pull or tug into the eyes owing to the soft texture.
Staying Power: It stays on the waterline for 3-4 hours. It is not waterproof and it does smudge a bit. After 3-4 hours, the colour starts to fade and smudge. It does not completely go unless you use a makeup remover. If used on the upper lash line, it gets transferred to the upper eyelid as well (I do not have oily eyelids).
Summarizing the pros and cons:
Pros of Revlon Eyeliner Pencil in Black:
- One of the blackest kohls.
- Decent packaging.
- No false claims.
- Good quantity for the price.
- Does not sting the eyes.
- Has a nice soft and smooth texture.
- Pigmentation is good.
- Easily available across all Revlon counters.
- Sharpenable, hence more hygienic.
- Does not tug or pull at the eyes.
- Does not crumple or break while sharpening.
Cons of Revlon Eyeliner Pencil in Black:
- Smudges after 3-4 hours of application.
- Sharpening though hygienic but does lead to product wastage.
- It is not waterproof. Accidentally, if you get drenched, be ready for raccoon eyes.
- Ingredients list not mentioned.
- There would be a lot of chemicals and preservatives added apparently as the shelf life of this pencil is 2.5 years which is a long time.
Do I Recommend Revlon Eyeliner Pencil in Black?
I think the smudging factor has put me off a bit, otherwise it is a decent kohl. If you are ready to do touch ups, you may buy it.
Will I Repurchase Revlon Eyeliner Pencil in Black?
No, I will not.
Revlon Magic Eyeliner Pencil Smokey Black
Revlon Eyeliner Pencil in Toast
Revlon Eye Pencil in Green
Revlon Lip Liner Pencil in Plum Wine
Revlon Colorstay Sparkling Eyeliner Green Sparkle
Revlon Colorstay Sparkling Eyeliner – Brown Spark
Lakme Absolute Shine Line: Black Eyeliner
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)