Revlon Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner
Toning is one of the cardinal steps in the basic four-step skin care process. The importance of a good toner is understood best by people who suffer from open pores and especially people with oily skin. Today; however, I will review the Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner from the house of Revlon, which is for people having normal to dry skin.
The company launched an entire range of Hydra Boost Skin Care products that included Hydra Boost Moisture Rich Cream Wash (Rs. 220 for 150 gm), Hydra Boost Moisture Rich Cleansing Milk (Rs.22o for 150 gm), Hydra Boost Revitalising Toner (Rs.200 for 200 ml), Hydra Boost Intense Radiance Moisturising Day Lotion SPF 15 (Rs.250 for 50 gm), Hydra Boost Intense Radiance Moisturising Day Cream SPF 15 (Rs.275 for 100 ml) and Hydra Boost Moisture Balance Night Cream (Rs.250 for 50gm). The products are specifically aimed for people with normal to dry skin to boost the skin’s moisture content.
Revlon’s products are usually good and so I had bought this toner for my mom whose skin now ranges between normal to dry.
What is a Toner:
Wikipedia defines toners as follows:
In cosmetics, skin toner or simply toner refers to a lotion or wash designed to cleanse the skin and shrink the appearance of pores, usually used on the face. Toners can be applied to the skin in different ways:
• On damp cotton wool. (most frequently used method)
• Spraying onto the face as a vaporiser
• By applying a tonic gauze facial mask – a piece of gauze is covered with toner and left on the face for a few minutes.
Users often apply moisturiser or a lotion after toner has dried.
The Claims Made by the Company:
The company defines the Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner as a non-irritating, alcohol free tonic with gentle and purifying ingredients.
1. The toner clears the skin of makeup traces, dirt and impurities which can clog pores and aggravate skin.
2. It conditions and tones sensitive skin with a gentle refining action.
3. It leaves skin feeling soft, clean and soothe.
The product is hypo-allergic, fragrance free and non-comedogenic. It is clinically , dermatologist and allergy tested and is suitable for the sensitive skin.
The key ingredients are aloe extract, allantoin and butylene glycol.
Allantoin is a white odourless powder which functions as skin conditioning agents and a skin protectant. Butylene glycol are also clear, odourless liquids that are used in cosmetics and personal care products and work as solvents and viscosity decreasing agents.(cosmetics info.org). Finally, aloe extracts have hundreds of benefits, the primary among them being its ability to stimulate healthy cell growth and repair damaged tissues.
Directions for Use:
1. Apply to cotton ball.
2. Sweep over cleansed face and neck, avoiding the eye area.
3. Complete your skin care regime with Hydra Boost Intense Radiance Moisturising Day Cream or Lotion SPF 15.
My Take on Revlon’s Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner:
One of the main reasons why I wanted to try this is because it is suitable for the sensitive skin. Besides, it does not contain alcohol and this was important to me because all suggestions for using toners that came from beauty experts stressed that we should choose a toner that does not contain alcohol. Moreover, it was for my mom and she usually prefers alcohol-free products. Also, Revlon is a company you can usually trust.
Pros of Revlon’s Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner:
• It cleans the skin well keeping it soft and supple
• Many toners I have used have a burning sensation when applied. This feels great on the skin.
• It is not very expensive, Rs. 200 for 200 ml from Revlon is a good bargain.
• Since it for the normal to dry skin, a light after use moisturizer is enough.
Cons of Revlon’s Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner:
• It did not work very well with shrinking the pores in spite of regular use.
• The cap of the bottle which has to be pressed does not work very well. Mine has stopped working completely and I have to open the entire cap every time I want to use the toner and that causes wastage because usually with such a big hole, a lot of toner pours out. Thus, the packaging is not user friendly
• It has no nice smell or even a light fragrance to make you feel fresh through the smell.
Will I Buy it Again:
I am not that satisfied with the product. So, I would like to try some other toners before I settle down with this.
Revlon Photo Ready Powder, Concealer, Foundation, Compact Makeup
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Loose Powder
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
Revlon New Complexion Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Blossom, Honey Photos, Swatches
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick Crimson
Revlon Nail Enamel – New Shades
Oriflame Essentials Hydra Rich Lip Balm
L’Oreal Hydra Fresh Instant Freshness Foaming Cream
Chambor Hydra Max Cleanser, Toner and Moisturiser
B Vain Hydra Eyes Waterproof Gel Eye Liner
Oriflame Optimals Oxygen Boost Face Mask
Nivea Pinkish Boost
Lakme Fruit Blast Berrylicious Fruit Revitalizing Scrub Mask
Oriflame Bath Foam with Revitalizing Apricot and White Tea
Himalaya Revitalizing Night Cream
Jovees Revitalizing Hair Tonic
Oriflame Aloe Vera & Arnica Soothing Toner
Oriflame Tea Tree Purifying Wash and Tone Gel
Top 5 Skin Toner under Rs 200
Ayur Herbal Skin Toner
The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
Tips for Toning and Moisturizing
Jovees Cucumber Skin Toner
Amway Attitude Face Wash, Toner and Sunscreen
Amway Artistry Essentials Hydrating Toner
Biotique Cucumber Water Toner
Fabindia Tea Tree Skin Toner
The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner
15 thoughts on “Revlon Hydra Boost Revitalizing Toner Review”
The product review started like a super fast :plane: and ended like super slow :turtle:
Initially i thought its a very product..
But I will skip this.. :thanks: for your review
Thanks Shami…..the product is okay, nothing that great 🙂
didnt know revlon had toners too..thank you for the review!
Even I was not aware when I went to buy a toner, but then they showed this to me and I wanted to give it a try
yes Parita…even i wasnt sure :silly:
thanks for the review 🙂
My pleasure Praseena 🙂
the first thing i see for a revlon product is its pricing….cos the company always goes overboard with its price :tongue: but this seems like a good bargain if it works my combination to oily skin 😉 😉 my lotus rose toner was horrible :pan: stung me and even game me acne :yikes:
Hi Kanika…..you can try this out…it is not harsh on the skin and makes the skin supple.Only problem is that it does not work very well with the pores. And I heard that the Jovees rose toner is good, But never tried it myself. Also never try Ayur toners, they are just horrible