WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Revlon Matte Lipstick – 003 Mauve it Over, Review and swatches
Hello IMBB beauties, today I am going to review Revlon Matte Lipstick in ‘003 Mauve it Over’. This is the first matte lipstick that I have tried. To be honest – till I stumbled upon this blog and then got addicted to it – I had no clue about different finishes that lipsticks have. All lipsticks were the same to me.
After I fell in love with the Super Lustrous range of lipsticks from Revlon, I decided to give the matte range of lipsticks a try as well. All I can say is that I am impressed again! Though the number of shades for the matte range is limited in comparison to the Super Lustrous range I still loved the varied color palette. The best thing I liked about the shade selection is that all the colors are very wearable shades. They have very pretty nudes, pinks, reds, wines, browns – suitable for Indian skin tones.
I picked up the shade ’003 – Mauve it over’. Honestly I find the name a bit misleading as I do not see any mauve tones in it. From my understanding Mauve color has some cooler pinky/purple/berry tones to it. I do not see any cool tones in this shade. However, that doesn’t really matter to me as I like this shade a lot. In layman terms, I would just describe the shade as warm earthy pink. A shade which wheatish Indian skin tones can carry off very well.
What Revlon Says:
Ultra-creamy saturated lip color that delivers beautiful, lightweight matte color without any dryness, caking or fading.
• Straight from the Runway shades!
• Beautifully rich matte color glides effortlessly across lips.
• Suede-like, cushiony feel and with maximum color impact.
• Beautifully rich shades from nude to deepest berry.
Price: Rs 480. A little pricey but totally worth it.
My experience with the lipstick:
Many of us refrain from using matte lipsticks as they tend to dry out the lips making the lips look chapped and flaky. I was apprehensive about the same too. But this lipstick proved me wrong and I am glad I tried it. The texture of this lipstick is just amazing – it is super soft and creamy. It glides on likes a dream. But above all it does not dry your lips.
What I love about Revlon Matte Lipstick – 003 Mauve it Over:
1. The lipstick is super creamy, smooth and soft to apply.
2. The pigmentation is great. One or two swipes is all you need.
3. It feels very light on lips as if you are wearing nothing.
4. It is opaque.
5. It does not dry my lips – my biggest concern as I hate lipsticks that dry my lips out. I always apply lip balm before applying lipstick. If you have very dry lips you might find it a bit drying but that can be taken care of using a lip balm.
6. It is not super moisturizing but at the same time it does not leave your lips craving for moisture.
7. Wide range of colors especially for Indian skin tones. The shade selection has some great nudes, reds and rusty colors as well.
8. It does not settle into the fine lines of my lips.
9. It does not feather or bleed.
10. It has no smell or taste.
11. No flakiness.
12. Pretty long lasting. It lasts for a good 3-4 hours (with eating-drinking) after which it starts fading away leaving a beautiful tint of color on your lips.
13. I also use this particular shade as base for my other lipsticks in order to make them last longer – just like how we use lip liner to increase the staying power of lipsticks.
14. Availability is not an issue.
15. Revlon does not do animal testing.
16.This particular shade can is good for a simple low key look. Nothing extra ordinary about it but it is nice. Great for everyday and office wear.
17. The cover has a see through top thereby making it easier to locate if you have multiple lipsticks.
18. I find the packaging cute. It has a matte finish outer casing that looks quite classy.
What I don’t like Revlon Matte Lipstick – 003 Mauve it Over:
1. After few hours of application one might feel some dryness but that can be taken care of using a lip balm.
2. The Price: but the lipstick is totally worth the price. Revlon pricing in India has always been random.
3. I don’t see many of the shades we get here on the Revlon website. I wonder if they have been discontinued.
Verdict:Overall, these are great matte lipsticks to try.
Will I repurchase? – Yes. Some other shade though. For a drugstore brand I think Revlon makes some great lipsticks.
Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick
Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation
REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color
Revlon Touch & Glow Moisturising Powder
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- Peach