Looking for bright lip inspiration? You might fall in love with this! When Monday rolls around, my mind starts wondering in 2 directions. What am I going to wear this week, what makeup look am I going to rock, what shoes am I going to wear, etc. etc. etc.. It usually involves trying out a few new products (that of course are within my budget), so this week it was all about the new Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip color. I came across this a few days back; the colour is called Brunt Brown and I just had to share the love of it! Honestly speaking, I got this lipstick mainly on the persuasion of SA and later discovered that the lipstick itself is pretty good too. It’s very wearable and gives a glossy finish. It is moisturizing and is less drying than matte lipsticks. I have so far been really happy with this lip product and I am hereby sharing it with you all.
Brand highlights: Street wear’ range of cosmetic-were launched under the great brand of Revlon. The brand says:
- Not tested on animals.
- Celebrities like Halle Berry, Shania Twain, Susan Sarandon, Julianne Moore and Eva Mendes have all appeared in Revlon Advertising
What Street wear claims about Shine Divine Lip color: A great range of lip color that promises ‘high shine’ in seconds for the woman on the go. lt provides instant moisture to the lips with super longevity. This is all I guess, I neither get much on the packaging nor on their non existing website. Its Price: 395/- each (Indian rupees) How I apply the Shine Divine Lip color: I apply this on completely dry & clean lips. I admit I am very lazy so I do not prefer using lip liners. But I have to admit that lips lipstick looks even better when applied after drawing the outlines with a liner.
Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip color Positive points:
- This lipstick is great! It is a very bold reddish berry color, with lots of shimmer and shine.
- It has a built in brush tip applicator; it’s almost like you’re painting the color on with a lipstick and brush. I totally enjoy using it.
- The texture is smooth and manageable.
- It goes on very smoothly, and provides moisture for my chapped lips.
- It’s not dry or greasy, and it is highly pigmented. The shade is great for evening wear, although I use it during daytime too.
- With one coat, you have an intense color that is opaque and pigmented.
- The application is far less messy and makes touching up less of a chore.
- The shade I bought is very wearable and it’s one of those that will suit almost all complexions. It is an easy to wear shade that goes with pretty much everything.
- It lasts super-long too say about 4 to 5 hours
- It has a lovely shine to it so you don’t need a separate gloss.
Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip color negative points:
- No much detail is available on the net. Nor do they have an existing website.
- Very limited shades are available.
- Although the lip colour stays on the lips for long, but it loses the shine after 1 or 2 hours.
Will I repurchase this : This lipstick gives a great finishing and natural look to lips. The color however gives a glaring shine, and is very strongly pigmented. I don’t recommend dark, ominous browns, since a plum or pink shade will work better on most people, and sometimes bronze will look awesome, too. But overall this is an awesome lipstick; it does not make my lips dry I quite like the attached brush applicator. Those with too many fine lines on lips might want to try something else because this has a creamy base with lots of concentrated color. About repurchasing, not very sure, because with this price tag I guess I can buy a better brand.
My Rating: :-* :-*:-*:-*
Do you want to choose the perfect shade for your lips? If yes, here are some important tips that I can be normally followed in choosing the perfect lipstick shade:
- Test different lipstick shades in any local departmental store.
- Try to choose a color that match with natural color of your lips and also your skin tone.
- Lighter shades look good during daytime and darker shades at night time.
- Deep lipstick shades go well with light eye makeup and light natural shades go best with heavy eye makeup.
- Try to find a lipstick that looks good on you when you are without makeup.
- For dark skin tones use plum or wine shade and for light skin tones use caramel or deep pink.
- Women with large lips should use browns, purple and bronzes. Women with thinner lips one should go for light shades like Pink, Peach, and Apricot etc.
- Select shiny and darker shades if you are going to attend any party at night.
- Use lip liner close to your lipstick shade.
- You can even blend different shades of lipstick to get a new look.
Have you used REVLON Street Wear: Shine Divine Lip Color?
Sale starts at 4 p.m.today, don’t miss it. 🙂 – Rati