By Rama Prabhu
This is my first review on IMBB and I am quite excited, hope you all like it. The product which I am going to review today is a true purple colour creme lipstick from the Revlon Super Lustrous range named “Va Va Violet.”
According to Revlon Super lustrous crème lipstick is infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness. With 82 fabulous shades to chose from. Exclusive Liqui Silk™ formula. Silky smooth, Creamy texture. Stay true color wears evenly.
Rs. 550 for 4.2 gm.
Va Va Violet 663
My Take on Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Va Va Violet:
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Va Va Violet is my first one from this range which I picked up from the Dubai airport an year ago. Va Va Violet is a true purple color lipstick (aubergine or egg plant color). Texture wise, it is very smooth, creamy and glides on lips like a dream without any effort. It is very moisturising and would be apt for winters. Now coming to the color, it is a deep purple color but sheer on application. It is not so pigmented and is uneven on application. On my pigmented lips, I need two to three swipes for the color in the bullet to show.
The unevenness does not show up that much on my pigmented lips unless you take a closer look, but would be more obvious on fair skin. The shade I find it difficult to carry and would say that it would be more appropriate if you are going for a Halloween or a gothic look or if you want to make a bold statement. I prefer to wear it more like a lip stain which is easier to carry and the color would be perfect for fall.
Pros of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Va Va Violet:
- Very creamy, smooth texture.
- Moisturising true to its claim.
- Nice staying power 3-4 hours, being a crème lipstick.
- Would suit dusky as well as fair skin, but I think it compliments dusky skin more.
- I like the gold and black packaging, it looks classic.
- Transparent cover on cap and color code label at the bottom makes it easy to locate.
- Nice color for a Halloween party or gothic look.
Cons of Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Va Va Violet:
- Not so pigmented.
- Settles in fine lines (only this shade).
- Uneven on application, looks patchy if you layer it more.
- Transfers easily.
- Difficult to carry, its a bold shade.
- Might bleed if you don’t use a liner.
Would I Repurchase Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Va Va Violet?
Not this shade, but would like to try other shades from this range.
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Ginger Rose
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Rose Velvet Review, Swatches
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
11 Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – Coffee Break
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Sassy Mauve
Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Balm Photos, Swatches
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Rosewine
Revlon Super Lustrous Pearl Lipstick Silver City Pink