How are you all doing? I am loving the weather around; it rains for a while and then the cool, breezy wind keeps me cheerful all day long. And, the cherry on the cake is the line of festivals coming up. I love the environment during celebrations, it is so much fun all around! But, whatever happens, there is one thing I can ever stop doing – shopping! 😀 I recently bought some stuff from Revlon’s Colorstay range. I loved the Rio Rush Stain, and now it’s time to jump to the lipsticks. I have the the shade ‘Supermodel’ to review today. Have a look!
One-step, ultra-comfortable wear with all-day colour.
– Dries to a beautiful suede finish.
– Instantly moisturizing using a combination of Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe.
– Applies evenly for full, creamy colour coverage. Lips feel smooth, conditioned and comfortable.
– Does not feather of bleed.
– 92% of women said feels lightweight, 95% said lips feel smooth, 95% said lips felt comfortable, 95% said colour doesn’t feather or bleed.
My Experience with Revlon Supermodel Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
Revlon Colorstay range is one of the best ranges to try out for makeup junkies. I had heard a lot of people raving about this range, hence I thought to add some shades to my vanity too. I picked up a lot of warm colours from his range, but picked up this light one as well as I wanted to build a nude lip colour collection. Initially, looking at the packaging and bullets, I assumed the shades to be similar, but when I actually used them, I got to know the real colours. The lipstick comes in regular circular packaging which is very travel-friendly and easy to arrange in the vanity.
The packaging resembles the shade which makes it very easy to spot your favourite one. The bullet looks a little glossy, but the formula turns completely matte in a while. The shade ‘Supermodel’ is a decent nude shade with mauve hints which makes it look a little different than the lips. This is a nice MLBB shade for those with dusky skin tones, as it will match the lips perfectly. It looks a bit mauvy during application, but as soon as it settles down, it turns more on the brown side. I don’t think the name was appropriate enough because this does not resemble a supermodel. It is nothing stunning; neither bold, nor vibrant — nothing! But, this might be a great shade for everyday use as well as for the workplace.
The lipstick glides very smoothly on the lips, but application has to be carefully done as the lipstick is soft enough to chip. It contains micro shimmers, but they don’t look cheap, In fact, they are not visible and they just give a velvety look to the lips. The lipstick turns super matte in like 5 minutes after application. It does not settle into the fine lines and the most surprising thing for me is that it does not transfer at all. I kissed the glasses and my hands and what not! 😛 But, it did not transfer! My lips started to feel a little dry after 1 hour. It was pretty okay with me, but it imparted an overall dry look which looked awful.
Also, it highlights the chapped portions on the lips giving a cheap look. The lipstick stayed on my lips as it is for more than 5 hours and it did survive full meals, snacks and also water sips. It has to be removed with a very powerful makeup remover or an oil based cleanser because a gentle one won’t work great to remove this. I personally did not like this shade or the formula either, but I love the bolder and brighter shades from this range.
Pros of Revlon Supermodel Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
• A wide range of shades; all are just gorgeous
• Very handy and the packaging matches the shade, hence easy to differentiate
• The formula is very light and glides easily on the lips
• The pigmentation is really good and bold; just one swipe gives complete colour on the lips
• The shade is a perfect MLBB one for medium/dusky skin tones
• It works great for daily wear, and for workplace
• It does not settle into fine lines and surprisingly even 1% of the lipstick does not transfer (I was shocked to see that)
• It stayed on my lips for more than 5 hours and survived complete meals, drinks and snacks
Cons of Revlon Supermodel Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick:
• Dries up lips and looks awful
• Highlights chapped portions on my lips
• The shade is nowhere close to a “supermodel”
• The bullet has to be handled with care because it chips a lot
Would I Repurchase/Recommend Revlon Supermodel Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick?
No, I wouldn’t because it is really not worth the money and better nude shades are available by many brands. I would definitely give thumbs up to the bolder shades in the range though.
I think I will give up on MLBB shades because I have come across really bad ones. I would rather stick to my poppy ones!
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Couture
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Finale
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Designer
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede – Catwalk Review
Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Front Row Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick – Cruise Collection
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Muse Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede-Womenswear 010 Review
Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite is A Long – Wearing Lipstick
Victoria’s Secret Super Model Eau De Parfum
Beauty Secrets of International Supermodels
10 Beauty Tricks Every Gorgeous Supermodel Knows About