WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Summers are here and I believe all the skirt loving girls must be slogging to get rid of dark knees. Cursing themselves for not taking proper care during winters. No doubt dark knees are unattractive to look at and it becomes more so for fair skinned people.
Our knees are probably the most neglected body part when it comes to skin care. Atleast mine are. We lather our skin with moisturizers, hand creams, cuticle butters, foot creams and what not. But how much time we spend on our poor knees? As far as I am concerned I rub moov longer than I rub a moisturizer on my knees. And as I am writing it I am feeling so bad for them. How can I not care about something that caries me to various malls and counters from where I pick moisturizers?
Well, to avoid more mental torture on myself let me just go ahead and write down the causes and remedies for dark knees.
Causes of dark spots on knees:
• Sun exposure
• Poor skin care
• Some medical conditions, like hormonal changes during pregnancy etc.
Tips to get rid of dark spots:
• Cut a lemon into half and rub it on your knees. Leave it for half an hour and then scrub them with a towel soaked in hot water. One of the most effective method to get rid of dark knees.
• Apply besan mixed with lemon juice on your knees. Leave it for few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
• Mix one tsp of lemon juice, one tsp glycerin and 4 tsp milk. Massage this mixture on knees and leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off.
• Mustard oil is also very effective in getting rid of dark knees. Apply oil on knees and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water.
• Rub aloe vera pulp on your knees daily for few minutes.
• Apply coconut oil mixed with lemon juice on your knees. Leave it for some time before washing it off.
• Apply olive oil on your knees before going to bed. It is a good alternative to body creams.
• Scrubbing is essential to slough off dead skin. Mix brown sugar with olive oil and store it. Whenever you want to scrub your knees use it. Scrubs should be used only once or twice a week.
• Moisturize your knees daily to keep them smooth.
• Always use sunscreen before going out in the sun.
If you don’t want to get into the pain of making a scrub at home, or the smell of homemade scrubs bother you, then you can try The Body Shop scrubs. They come in vide varity and are very affordable too.
I know I won’t have the perfect knees overnight. But, this time I won’t give up until I get what I want.
I’ll be definitely trying these tips from today. What about you?
5 Fabulous Scrubs for the Summers from Your Kitchen
St Ives Apricot Whitening Scrub Review
Khadi Scrub Silver Moon (With Sandal) Review
Khadi Peeling Scrub Gel Kesar Review
Khadi Peeling Scrub with Aloe Vera review
Stretch Marks and Dark Under Arms Cure
How to Reduce Dark Circles
How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Eyeliner for Dark Complexion
How to Wear Dark Lipsticks and Lipglosses
Lip Colors Which Do NOT Suit Dark Skin
Skin Care for Great Legs