Like the facial wrinkles lip lines are also a normal part of ageing process. But at times due to our lifestyle these lines show up way before they should. Dry, dark, wrinkled lips can mar the entire look of our face.
Being the most delicate part on our face lips require constant attention and care.
You can get rid of your lip lines through these methods:
• Fillers: As the name suggests this procedure involves the use of injectable lip fillers to give a fuller look to the lips and remove lines or wrinkles. The procedure takes as little as 30 minutes to complete. The results of these fillers are temporary because in due course of time our body absorbs these fillers. Results last upto six months. This method involves the use of either Collagen based lip fillers or Hyaluronic acid based lip fillers.
1. Collagen based lip fillers: Collagen is derived from two sources.
• Bovine derived collagen fillers: It is derived from cow connective tissue and needs allergy test before it can be used.
• Human derived collagen fillers: it is harvested from the excess skin removed during surgeries. No allergy test is required before using it.
2. Hyaluronic acid based lip fillers: Hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in skin and joints. Provides better and long lasting results than Collagen based lip fillers.
• Fat transfer: In this method the fat from patients own body is taken and injected into the lips. The result of this procedure lasts from six months to more than a year. No risk of allergic reactions is involved in this procedure since natural tissues are used. Recovery takes usually a day or two.
• Laser treatments: Fractional laser treatment is one of the most popular, gentle and effective way to smooth lip lines. It replaces the damaged and wrinkled skin with new skin and also encourages the body to produce collagen. Three to five treatments are needed to get the desired results. However, once the initial series is complete, the results can last for a year before another treatment is needed.
Lip care at home:
Constant care at home can enable us to keep lip lines at bay for long.
• Like your skin exfoliate your lips too on a regular basis. Exfoliation will make your lips softer and smoother. You can make a lip scrub at home by lightly roasting and grinding a few almonds. Add less than half a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to the crushed nuts. Mix it well. Add a teaspoon of honey to this mixture and use it to scrub your lips very gently.
• Apply some Vaseline on your lips. Now take a soft and clean toothbrush and brush on your lips for a few seconds. It is best to remove patches from lips and smooth lip lines.
• Apply good lip balm on your lips. Beeswax or glycerine are a good options. Try to get a balm with sunscreen in it.
• Always apply a good quality lipstick if you want to avoid lip problems. Avoid using matte colors as they dry out lips and result in lines on lips.
• Stay hydrated throughout the day to avoid dry skin and dry lips, which in turn lead to the problem of lip lines.
• Avoid the excess intake of caffeine and develop good eating habits. Avoid smoking too.
• Never peel the dead dry skin from the lips. It damages the protective layer of lips and result in lines on lips.
• Never ever lick of bite your lips, it will cause more chapping and severe lip lines.
• Vitamin A rich food, like, carrots, tomatoes and green leafy vegetables should be included in the diet to solve the problem of chapped lips.
Lips: How to Make Lips Look Fuller
10 Home Remedies to treat Chapped Lips
How to Apply Lipstick for Great Lips
Lip Pigmentation- Remedies for Pigmented Lips
Lips: How to Make Lip Balm at Home
Lip Augmentation: Methods and Risks