WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My aunt got these lip liners from London the last time she went there. Till then, I was totally unaware about this company called Rimmel London. My aunt got me two shades called 007 Fudge and 010 Tasty and they are amazing shades, both of them. Here is how they look:
A Little about the Company:
This is what Wikipedia says about Rimmel London:
Rimmel (commonly known as Rimmel London) is a cosmetics brand, now owned by Coty, Inc.. The House of Rimmel was originally founded by Eugene Rimmel in 1834 in Regent Street, London, UK. Rimmel produces make-up products, and is currently one of the world’s most popular make-up producers. Rimmel’s motto is Get the London Look.
Details about Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lip Liner from Rimmel London:
Net Weight: 0.04 oz /1.2 g.
The ingredients are not mentioned.
My Take on Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lip Liner from Rimmel London:
Though they are lip liners, they are hardly good as lip liners, but they are excellent as lip gloss. You won’t get the shiny, all-glossy look of course, but these Rimmel Vinyl Jelly gloss lip liners are a perfect blend of the lipgloss and the lipstick. They have the thickness of the lipstick, but they also have the shine of the gloss and the colors are both very nice.
Here is a swatch of both of them:
You can see in the above picture that though they are not good lip liners, they have a wonderful shine and the colour also looks beautiful and they beautifully glide on, without any effort whatsoever.
Pros of Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lip Liner from Rimmel London:
• The shades are very nice.
• The gloss lip liners have the perfect shine.
• The lip liner glides on easily.
• The lips feel moisturized and soft.
• The packaging of the lip liners look sophisticated and expensive.
Cons of Vinyl Jelly Gloss Lip Liner from Rimmel London:
• They are named as gloss lip liners and I am not very sure if they would actually work as lip liners. They are better off being lip fillers.
• The liners have to be constantly sharpened.
• The quality of the wood used does not seem to be too good. They often break and one has to be extremely careful while sharpening.
• A lot of the lipstick can get wasted as the tip is really soft and smooth, but sharpening is a harsh method. As seen in the picture below, the two sharpened lip liners, there is often a lot of smearing of the lipstick, if a little careless. They have to be handled carefully.
• Availability in India might also be a problem.
I would give it a 3/5. The product is misnamed, but I really love the quality of the lip filler and the colours.
Will I Buy Them Again?
Depends. I can’t say a confident “no” because I really like some of the features, but a confident “yes” is not coming as well.
L’oreal Glam Shine LipGloss Moon Crystal Review, Swatches
Bath and Body Works Liplicious LipGloss Sheer (Black Cherry)
L’oreal Glam Shine Reflex LipGloss Photos, Swatches
8 Pink LipGloss Photos, Swatches
Maybelline Color Sensational LipGloss Photos and Swatches
YSL Golden Gloss Shimmering LipGloss
Burt’s Bees Super Shiny Natural LipGloss Sweet Pink Review, Swatch
Avon Glazewear Intense Lip Gloss Review, Swatches, Photos
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss
Colorbar Star Metal Lip Gloss Photos, Swatches
Faces Creme Matte Lip Gloss Peach Pink Review, Swatch, FOTD
Maybelline Lip Gloss Water Shine Liquid Diamond Slims
Rimmel London Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Rimmel Lasting Finish Kiss & Stay Lip Gloss
Mascara: Rimmel Extra Super Lash Waterproof Mascara
Extra Super Lash Mascara
Lasting Finish Lipstick 070 Airy Fairy
Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer
Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation
Liquid Eyeliner and Rimmel Pencil Eyeliner