When the 4 pm hunger strikes, a bag of potato chips would look much more appealing than a bowl of soggy salad. You would rather want to have something crunchy and munch-y to fill the gap between meals, but when trying to lose weight, you have to make sure the ones you pick up do not hamper your goals. Also, when you want to wind down with a cup of chai, instead of reaching out for cakes, cookies, biscuits, experts suggest munching on snacks with protein, fiber, and healthy fats that give you instant energy, keep you fuller for longer hours, and can help you lose weight as well. What better way than to pick up some roasted things that are also healthy, weight loss friendly, and can be taken along in packets to office and even while traveling. Roasting is a process which can be done with or without oil (dry roasting), with a bit of condiments added to increase the flavour and helps satisfy cravings as well. You can also use microwave for roasting. Roasting also allows room for experiment with ghee, salt, pepper, red chilli powder, and add loads of flavour with just a sprinkle of chat masala. So, let’s see some delicious, roasted things to have while on a diet.
1. Roasted Poha Chivda: You can make roasted chivda using just a tablespoon of oil and a handful of peanuts, a few cashew nuts, green chillies and curry leaves. This is a low-calorie but highly healthy Indian snack you would absolutely love along with a cup of chai.
2. Roasted Popcorn: This low-calorie treat when homemade is a delicious, low-calorie high fiber treat. You can even make spicy popcorn with olive oil, salt, cumin, and chilli powder.
3. Roasted Makhana: There’s no doubt that makhana is a weight-loss friendly snack and you can have it in different ways, but roasted makhana is everyone’s favorite. A cup of makhana may have just 100 to 150 calories. Also read: “Makhanas For Weight Loss – How to Eat It Right?”
4. Roasted Chickpeas: Full of protein and fiber, half a cup of roasted chickpeas would have under 150 calories.
5. Roasted Chana: High protein, rich in nutrients, roasted chana is a yummy snack that also keeps you fuller for longer. There might be 160 to 200 calories in 100 gm of chana.
6. Roasted Sweet Potato: Highly nutritious, sweet potatoes have vitamin A, C, fiber, and other nutrients and when you bake it – it becomes a treat! Just remember to keep the skin on and around 100 calories in 100 gm.
7. Roasted Peanuts: This is the most basic snacking option – roasted peanuts! We all know that peanuts have protein, magnesium, vitamin B6, potassium, and other nutrients, but do keep a watch on the portion size because one cup of peanuts can have up to 600 calories!
8. Roasted Chana Dal: Another good source of protein, roasted chana dal also has calcium, iron, potassium content. A 100 gm serving of chana dal may have up to 384 calories.
9. Roasted Pistachios: Not everyone knows this, pistachios have the lowest calories in nuts and rank high in protein content. Experts say unsalted roasted pistachios will have just 175 calories in 0.25 cup.
10. Roasted Flaxseeds: The high fiber content of flaxseeds keeps you fuller for longer, and the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties improve overall health as well. But do watch the portion size because just 100 gm of flaxseed can have around 534 calories.
For complete weight loss diet plans, check out the Speed Slim Challenge on the Rati Beauty app.
12 Healthy Snack Ideas For 4 PM Hunger Pangs
10 Weight Loss Foods in Every Indian Kitchen