Rose Water Skin Care Recipes and Ideas
Rose water is used in a variety of ways in skin care treatments. The best part of using rose water for skin is that it is suitable for every skin type. Whether you have an oily skin or a dry one, sensitive skin or normal skin, rose water is perfect for you. It also has some antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties that help to do away with some of the basic skin problems if used in the right way. It is gentle on your skin and has a heavenly smell.
Rose water is effective in soothing, balancing, toning and moisturizing your skin so that you feel rejuvenated and refreshed. Once you start realizing how easily you can take care of your skin with the help of rose water, I am sure it is going to take a permanent place among your beauty products.
Rose Water Beauty Tips for Skin:
• Use Rose Water instead of plain water while you prepare your face packs; this would help to enhance the effectiveness as rosewater is endowed with natural cleansing as well as moisturizing properties.
• Use it directly on your skin as a cleanser. Since it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it helps to take out dirt and oil from clogged pores and trim down the problem of pimples and acnes.
• Dab it on your face and use it as a toner. If you can do it everyday, you would notice significant diminishing of open pores. It helps to hydrate your skin, give a youthful touch and prevent wrinkles.
RoseWater Skin Care Recipes: Seven Easy Ideas
1. Rosewater-Glycerin cleanser: Add two spoons of glycerin and a few drops of rose essential oil to a cup of rose water. Use it as a cleanser for your face. It is very gentle on your skin and helps to lessen chances of getting fine lines.
2. Rosewater-Lemon juice skin tonic– Mix rose water and lemon juice in equal quantities. Wash your face, preferably with warm water since that would help to open up the pores. Apply the mixture on the affected area and wait for fifteen minutes. It is useful to reduce pimples and acnes. It is however recommended that you get a patch test done before application as you might suffer from irritations if it does not suit you.
3. Rosewater-Sandalwood pack- Add one spoon of sandalwood powder with one spoon of rosewater. Apply the paste on your face to get rid of acnes. This must be done once in a week.
4. Fenugreek Rosewater pack- Soak a few fenugreek seeds in water overnight and make a fine paste by crushing them in a blender. Add rose water. Apply it on your face. Keep it on for about twenty minutes and rinse in cold water. This pack is helpful in treating acnes.
5. Rosewater-Fullers Earth faces pack (for oily skin): If you have a tough time controlling excessive oil secretion, try this pack. Take some fuller’s earth (multani mitti) and add some rosewater to make a fine paste. Add a few drops of lemon juice. It cleanses pores effectively and prevents excessive oil secretion.
6. Rosewater-Almonds face pack (for dry skin): Make a paste of almonds and combine it with rose water. You may also add some honey. This face pack is excellent for dry skin.
7. Rosewater-Honey face pack (for sensitive skin): Mix rosewater, milk and honey. Add some oatmeal and make a paste. Apply it on your face and let it dry. Rinse with cold water.
How to Make Rose Water At Home?
Instead of relying on the ready-made rosewater available in fancy bottles in your favorite cosmetic stores, if you want to prepare rosewater at home for your beauty needs, you would require some rose petals (if possible, free from pesticides) and a pot of water. Trim the petals and add adequate water. Let it boil for about twenty minutes. The liquid should be strained well. The rosewater should now be allowed to cool and then stored in the refrigerator. This is pure and your skin reaps the best benefits.
Rose Water- Dabur Gulabari, Fab India
RoseWater for Hair Care
Khadi Pure Rose Water
Crabtree and Evelyn RoseWater Travel Kit
Health & Beauty Benefits of Rose Oil
Blossom Kocchar Aromamagic Citrus Bath Gel & Rose Essential Oil
43 thoughts on “Rose Water Skin Care Tips and Ideas”
Somreeta excellent tips as always! I cant do without rose water at all. I use it in my packs, as a toner, lemon + rosewater, use olive oil + rose water as an eye makeup remover… I mean if I could I’d buy a tub of rose water and live in it. 😆
Tub of rose water and live in it!! :lol2: Somreeta Rati, ke water tank mein rose water barwa do, roz subah uthke rose water se nahayegi !! 😆
Lol Rati…same pinch…even I feel so 😛 dat little bottle of Gulabari lasts nt even for a week :aajanachle:
didnt know abt the olive oil+rose water as an eye makeup remover. will try it tonight. is this any olive oil or the extra virgin one?
I follow all the tips you mentioned, except almond-rose water pack, never knew that, will surely try that !!! Lovely tips Somreeta, Somreeta use Aromaz rose water !! Its excellent!!
okies Taps……….wil try dat out…ive always used gulabari…. 😀
i once tried preparin this home made rose water…it turned out to be li’l brownish :struggle:
fridge mein rakha n dady ne fek diya 😀
:lol2: bt why did it turn brown.. you used black rose kya? :toothygrin:
😀 nah nah..i used super gulaabi gulaab..bt when i boiled the petals..they started gettin discoloured n pura pani brown..lik dat dirty mud in the water wala color :reallyangry:
I want to feel bad about your experience but i just cant stop laughing thinking about the brown rose water.. :lol2:
bt you know that kama rose water is brown only… :methinks:
oh acha didnt know..i have used dabur gulabari then came to know it contain parabans so now its fab india for me 🙂
may be dady also thought aisa kya brown rakha hai isne fridge mein n believe me i didnt even smell of roses..who knew what he might have thought 😀
I ll join teh laughing quest with u :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Me too experienced the same , but not much brown water, a bit brown yess, I remember !!When the petals become brown then water also becomes a bit brown, very true, yaa you wont get that fragrance dear, but the effect is awesome!
hmm..roses have again bloomed in my lawn…is baar pehle hi i ll let my dady know 🙂 n this is toh juz rose water..a senior of mine @hostel used to prepare astringent usin mint leaves teh same way 🙂
Mint astrigent wowww, sun ke hi thanda thanda lag reha he 😀 use in same way??? Ok me try it then , thanks !
yeah…thats how she told me..boil mint leaves in water..let it cool..filter it n use as an astringent 🙂
:clap: :clap: :clap: Awesome, we have everything at home, just no brains ! 😀
hey no guys…………it does at times! even i experienced it 1ce 🙁
i hrd its becoz of some fungus dat breeds wen not preservd properly 😯
:haanji: me too have heard of it!
Great tips . I use rose water for my packs (whenever I have time to make them). I use Dabur Gulabari Rose water.
I did not understand waht is the purpose of cleanser. Does it not add another step to teh cleansing routine…..I mean, I use makeupremover & then facewash. Where does a cleanser fit in? Does it replace any items or is it an extra step in between the two.
Am I making any sense here…. :stars:
Cleanser, means face wash only dear, many donot use face wash now also , depend on ayurvedic way of cleaning face such as using atta or besan to wash face, so if you also want when you stay at home away from much pollution, like on sundays, skip using face wash and use the above cleanser, ok dear?
lol…..monika is totally confusssssssssedddddd 😆
Got it Taps. 🙂 thanks for your patience………I come up with the weirdest questions……. :specs:
I also love rose water – gives a nice cooling effect naa 😀
will try mixing with olive oil
grt article somreeta!
hi bee :thanks: today itself i tried the olive oil wala tips :cheers:
i use rose water –
1. after foundation- gives a lovely glow and keeps the makeup intact; not to forget the flawless look.
2. after having used a clay face pack
3. after bleaching my face
really helps on all these occasions. will incorporate it into the other uses mentioned..i use the dabur one too.
Indeed Aruna.. rosewater suits every occasion…versatile :woot:
Rose water is so refreshing
Even I use it alwaz with face packs and dese days I m spraying it on my face just bfr going to bed
I just lov dat mild rose fragrance bfr sleeping as it soothes tired body 🙂
hey…..wat an uncommon name is that! :thumbsup:
i’m going to try the rosewater+milk+honey+oats pack…. u come up with nice tips Somreeta 🙂
Thanx Ramya 😉
:thanks: i use some of these tips…………. :yahoo:
okies Sim… do share if u know some more :whistle:
Hey EXCELLENT tips,
really loved it.Just bought a bottle of rose water 😉 Iwill also try the Rosewater-Sandalwood pack pack today.Will use as a toner but wanted to ask u one thing when applied i mean with cotten as toner we should wash the face na or leave it ?:)
hi Supriya :thanks: just dab some rose wtr and leave it on..no need to wash after dat. wash ur skin before application instd 🙂